Swim with Dolphins, Cancún

by boltonian
    Delphinus Riviera Maya
    by Rivieramaya
  • happydance's Profile Photo

Dolphin Discovery was amazing!

by happydance Written Jan 31, 2007

Dolphin Discovery was amazing! I chose the Dolphin Royal Swim because it allowed me to swim with two dolphins in a very small group of eight people. The first thing they do is introduce you to the dolphins they give you kisses then dance with you! After the introductions, the instructor has people swim out in groups of two for the dolphin ride and the foot pushes. I floated in the water with my hands out, making a T formation and waited for the dolphins to take me for a ride. In just a matter of moments, I could feel their amazing skin gliding across my hands. The two dolphins took me for a ride while I held on to their fins; during the exciting foot-push maneuver, I glided across the water as they pushed me from the soles of my feet. It was fun to have the dolphins take me for a ride but my favorite part was hugging the dolphins and rubbing their backs. It was not cheep to swim with dolphins, $ 140.00 but it truly was the experience of a lifetime

• rmlopez74's Profile Photo

Hanging with Flipper

by rmlopez74 Written Apr 20, 2006

Okay, it has always been a thing I wanted to do. To swim with the dolphins. Let me tell you, it is worth the $100 or so it will cost you. We booked ours through the Pargue Nizuc. It is a couple of hours. Plenty of interaction with the Dolphins. You get to do a couple of tricks with them and they even video your experience. Very cool. I recommend it completely.

It's amazing to be that close to these animals. You get a real sense for how powerful they are. Definitely gives you a new appreciation for them.

Putting on a show Hanging with Flipper
    • Theme Park Trips
    • Eco-Tourism

• DawnMarie92578's Profile Photo

Swim with the dolphins at Isla!

by DawnMarie92578 Written Aug 13, 2004

The most awesome experience I have ever had! I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money but I can honestly say that it was well worth it and everyone in my group agrees! if you have the extra $120 or however much it may cost when you can go... SPEND IT!!! We took 1/2 hr or so ferry to Isla. we had to take the 11am ferry and our swim time wasn't until 2pm. Once we got to the island we had nothing to do and no one to direct us on what we could do to kill the time before our swim. There is a very small beach that is not nearly the best and also a swimming pool that is about the size of a pick-up truck (not exagerating) and always full of people. They have a pavillion where they serve food and an all you can eat lunch buffet for $20us, there is also a small bar. I suggest doing some research before going so you can kill time before your swim, however once we swam with the dolphins we forgot all about the miserable time we had before the swim. ( It also took us like an hour before we discovered that there was a beach..lol) One last thing... they film your swim and take pics... the video (DVD) cost me $50us but how could I NOT buy the thing??? And the pics were $16 for larger prints and $12 for 2 small prints. You cannot take camera into the water during your swim but you may take pics on dock before getting into water, or have someone who is not swimming video tape and take pics while you swim. With my overall experience I say... swim with the dolphins, but I HAVE TO stress that you need to get the most interactive swim... it is an awesome experience.... kiss the dolphin, dolphins jump over a pole you hold, foot push, dorsal tow, and "free time" (your group is in a circle and the dolphins swim around all of you while you hold out your hands to "pet" them for about 10 minutes) The whole thing is 1 hour with 1/2 hour orentation and a 1/2 hour swim time. There are 8 people to a group and 2 dolphins for each group. If you see Fatima and Lewis (my dolphins) give them an extra kiss for me!

• Theme Park Trips

• CarlosLuz's Profile Photo

Swimming with dolphins

by CarlosLuz Written Aug 26, 2002

This an activity present in so many parks, but I found that in Cozumel's Chankanaab park it was much more natural because, although the dolphins movement was obviously restricted by the usual barriers / nets, they weren't in a tank, but in a confined area of the ocean, near the coast and inside the Chankanaab park. It was great seeing them almost like if they were out on the wild.

• lusha86's Profile Photo

Delphinus Dreams Cancun

by lusha86 Written Mar 19, 2013

I swam with Dolphins in Delphinus Dreams Cancun. I had never done it before but it was really exciting! I have to confess that I was a really bit scared at the beginning but I ended up enjoying a lot! My boyfriend doesn’t know how to swim but he was able to do everything, even the footpush!

I did the Primax and next time I want to do the Trainer for a Day Program. If you are coming to Cancun or Riviera Maya you should totally do it!

• lizzytex's Profile Photo

Swimming with Dolphins on Isla Mujeres

by lizzytex Written Jul 11, 2008

The only thing I can answer to is swimming with the dolphins. It is DEFINITELY worth it! I went two years ago and did it on Isla Mujeres. The animals are so amazing, and it's so much fun to actually get to touch and swim with them. I would definitely recommend it!

• Swim with the Dolphins at Isla Majures

by gemmanatasha Written Sep 23, 2003

We swam with the Dolphins a Isla Mujures a few days before we were to return home. All i can say it was fantastic, you don't get long with the Dolphins but its well worth the experience. We have photos of us kissing the Dolphins and a video, all at extra costs but once you come away you can't help but buy some memorabilia

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• PrincessK's Profile Photo

Swim with Dolphins

by PrincessK Written Dec 14, 2004

With no doubt the interaction with dolphins is one of the most relaxing, moving and pleasant experiences, the reality of many dreams come true and definitely you will overcome your expectations.

Cute Dolphins

• danijelita's Profile Photo

Aquarium

by danijelita Written Sep 9, 2004

You must go and visit that place,
    you can swim with dolphins, or have educational interactive program, as I took.
    You can learn a lot about that beautiful animals.

Aquarium

• wishyouwherehere's Profile Photo

Swim with the Dolphins

by wishyouwherehere Written Jun 23, 2003

Well what can i say, this was wonderfull a dream come true. everyone should do this. The dolphins are wonderfull creatures

Dolphins at the Aquarium