Water Sports, Cancún

Me in the driving seat!
    by vera-s
    Best place to enjoy calm waves
    by BruceDunning
    the views are great
    by BruceDunning
  • There is no lack of things to do in Cancun!!

by margep Written Aug 29, 2008

There's a lot to do in Cancun. There are the water sports- from scuba to snorkeling, to fishing, waterskiing, swimming, boogie boarding, jetskiing, parasailing, etc. There are the Mayan ruins, the water park, Xcaret, swimming with dolphins, shopping, dining, and a lot more. There are many nightclubs like Cocobongos, Sr. Frogs, Carlos and Charlies, etc. You won't have a lack of things to do there, especially if you're outgoing! Lots of people to party with in your age group, don't worry! Water is warm, blue, really clear & pretty. You can swim & snorkel & boogie board off the beaches there, & in Cozumel & Isla Mujeres. Many ruins around to visit, in different areas. Shopping is along main street in Cancun, & dining.There is a good write up of activities at www.stayincancun.com/thingstodo.asp

The interesting ruins of Chitzenitza, we loved it! A picture of the hotel zone, from a plane Snorkeling or scuba diving - we saw lots of fish!! One of the beaches in the hotel zone, pretty! Beautiful sunsets in Cancun!

• vera-s's Profile Photo

Drive your own speedboat!

by vera-s Updated Feb 25, 2008

We took the Aquatours Jungle Tour which involved driving your own speedboat through the Nichupte Lagoon through the mangroves out into the ocean where you had time to get out the boat and snorkel in the world's second largest coral reef. It's great even for beginners as you go out in a small group of 5 or 6 boats which is led by a guide who you follow every step of the way. Then, on your way home, you get the chance to really speed up and zig zag from side to side as your passenger waves their snorkel from side to side in the air to indicate "go faster!". A great experience, even more so when I was in the driving seat as I made my new husband scream like a girl!

Me in the driving seat!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Water Activity on shore

by BruceDunning Updated Jan 30, 2008

There are a lot of activities to do on the beach, including the arieal, snorkel, scuba, or build a sand castle. Toward the north part, the beaches are more crowded and the south seems best to have some open space.

In the air you can see it all CAn't see anything in ankle deep water Best place to enjoy calm waves the views are great

• onestepaway's Profile Photo

Shotover Jet Boat

by onestepaway Written May 29, 2007

This was one thrilling ride!!!! My fiancee and myself signed some little waier for a free beer ater the ride, meaning you are signing your life away,lol! Its a small waiver telling you, that Mexico isnt liable for your ass! But it was so worth it! This boat is quick as it skims over the water and does 360's, it whips and hangs corner like you wouldnt believe. This is a must do!

The Jet Boat Us and Crazy Driver

• malianrob's Profile Photo

Jet Skiing

by malianrob Updated Feb 10, 2007

We rented sea dos from the front of our hotel. You can rent them for 1/2 hour or more. It was alittle pricey and we rented them for about one hour. I think a 1/2 hour would have been enough. The water was great and seadoing was fun. There is no one watching you so be careful and drive responsibly.

• joyryd's Profile Photo

Lagoon dive

by joyryd Written Jan 30, 2007

After several days of lazing about, we decided maybe one day we should be somewhat productive. We took the bus outside our hotel (about USD$0.60) to the Waterland Park. We decided on an afternoon excursion where we joined a tour of the nearby lagoon. They put us on these 2 person water vessels, sort of a cross between a jetski (not as fast though) and a small boat. We jetted thru the lagoon, the rain forest and out to a natural protected coral reserve in the Caribbean Sea. We stopped there and dove about with snorkels and masks...definitely reasonably priced and definitely worth the experience!

• National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Jungle and Rain Forest

• ChrystyD's Profile Photo

Diving in Cancun

by ChrystyD Written Sep 17, 2006

I know Cancun is not known for it's diving and that Cozumel is just down the coast, but my friends and I had a fantastic dive there. The water was very warm and the visibility was probably some of the best I've seen. This was a shallow dive, but there was a good spectrum of plants and fish to be found.

The Three Amigos

• Kara01's Profile Photo

wave riding for snorkeling

by Kara01 Written Nov 13, 2005

On one day of our vacation/spring break we went out on waveriders and did a bit of snorkeling. I think this was my favorite activity on this trip. The water was choppy and our guide was going fast. We had to quickly learn how to speed across the water to keep up. Very exciting. When we got to the desired location....it was beautiful. Mainly because I have never done anything like this before and I was a Biology major at my university. I was a little nervous when I saw the barracuda. I think they are harmless as long as you let them be.

• School Holidays

• Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Wet & Wild in Cancun

by Heavens-Mirror Written Sep 26, 2005

Wet 'n Wild has a lot of things for families to do together. You can relax and drift away on the Lazy River or the Wave Pool, while thrill-seeking teens can experience the Kamikaze. Kids will love additions to the children's playground, which features a sand bucket.

And if the family wants to spend time together, they can enjoy the multi-passenger ride in the Bubba Tub!

Surrounded by wild tropical vegetation, Parque Nizuc is the only water park located within Cancun’s Hotel Zone you are only a short distance from a refreshing experience.

It covers over 18 acres of land and 800 feet of white sand beach areas. I really enjoyed wet & wild, it was a great day out for all ages. Make sure if you go that you wear a decent & secure bikini or swimming costume because you will need it. Hehe

• patricia28's Profile Photo

The adventure starts!!!

by patricia28 Written May 27, 2005

Discover the tropical paradise of Cancun aboard your own private speed boat with an experienced guide leading the way. You and friend will drive through the lagoon and the dense mangrove jungles filled with exotic birds, tropical plant life and strange marine animals. Then you will arrive to a beach of cancun, here you can enjoy snorkeling in the beautiful caribbean among living Coral (this part is AMAZING) , there are milion colorful fishes.
    The tour takes two and a half hour and all you need is inclusive.

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Quintana Roo

by gabriellefox Updated Feb 28, 2005

The coast of Quintana Roo is bathed by shallow, crystal-clear, green-blue waters, lined by beaches of fine white sand, punctuated by numerous coves, bays and islands, with a backdrop of lush tropical vegetation. It is here that Tulum stands, on a cliff, overlooking the Caribbean. The most important Maya archaeological site on the coast, it is 127 kilometers south of Cancun.
    Xel-Ha, is a breathtaking combination of jungle flora and fauna, freshwater (sinkholes), caves, and ocean splendor is guaranteed to please all five of your senses. Wander the jungle trails, snorkel to your hearts content, or take a nap on Hammock Island.

Snorkel
    • School Holidays

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Partyboats and watersports

by Maria_75 Written Nov 16, 2004

Cancun offers all kinds of watersports and there are agencies all over that can sell you almost anything you want. You can go on a partyboat where you are out all day; drinking, partying and swimming.

You can hire different kinds of boats, canoes, kayaks, jetskis or whatever you want. They also offer trips to the jungel, mangroves, Isla Mujeres and snorkelling. Or you can do parachuting or almost any kind of watersport. If you want it, Cancun has it... ;)

One of the many partyboats

• kazander's Profile Photo

Swimming with Sea Turtles

by kazander Written May 7, 2004

I couldn't really decide where to put this tip, it has pros and cons...

We went to a place that advertised swimming with the magnificent sea turtles. I couldn't wait. When we got there it turned out to be a fenced off area off of a dock where they kept these poor guys. I loved being so close and swimming with them, but I couldn't help but feel bad for them. All these kids jumping all over them and they can't get away:(

• GinGinCoo's Profile Photo

Subsee Explorer

by GinGinCoo Written Feb 19, 2004

After we went jetskiing we took this short tour to the 2nd largest reef in the world (they said the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is the only one thats bigger). We go on a short boat ride to this huge glass bottom boat where the tour guide shows you all different kinds of corals and tropical fish. If you're not a scuba diver or a swimmer, this might be your only chance to see a coral reef this close. The tour is about 2 hours. we combined this tour with our jungle jetskiing tour. Great combo with Aquaworld.

Coral Reef and Tropical Fish from the subsee view
    • Aquarium
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• Breathing Observation Bubble...

by marcmalano Updated Dec 9, 2002

Breathing Observation Bubble Minisub
    A step between aqua trek (where you walk along the bottom) and scuba diving. No certification necessary. Includes a free video...though our video only lasted about 3 min. Recommend using a wet suit for comfort even if the water isn't that cold.

Instant Answers: Cancún