Water Sports, Cancún

Near Puerto Morelos
    by trvlrtom
    Me in the driving seat!
    by vera-s
    Best place to enjoy calm waves
    by BruceDunning
  • onestepaway's Profile Photo

Shotover Jet Boat

by onestepaway Written May 29, 2007

The Jet Boat

This was one thrilling ride!!!! My fiancee and myself signed some little waier for a free beer ater the ride, meaning you are signing your life away,lol! Its a small waiver telling you, that Mexico isnt liable for your ass! But it was so worth it! This boat is quick as it skims over the water and does 360's, it whips and hangs corner like you wouldnt believe. This is a must do!

• Kara01's Profile Photo

wave riding for snorkeling

by Kara01 Written Nov 13, 2005

On one day of our vacation/spring break we went out on waveriders and did a bit of snorkeling. I think this was my favorite activity on this trip. The water was choppy and our guide was going fast. We had to quickly learn how to speed across the water to keep up. Very exciting. When we got to the desired location....it was beautiful. Mainly because I have never done anything like this before and I was a Biology major at my university. I was a little nervous when I saw the barracuda. I think they are harmless as long as you let them be.

• School Holidays

• Breathing Observation Bubble...

by marcmalano Updated Dec 9, 2002

Breathing Observation Bubble Minisub
    A step between aqua trek (where you walk along the bottom) and scuba diving. No certification necessary. Includes a free video...though our video only lasted about 3 min. Recommend using a wet suit for comfort even if the water isn't that cold.

• gabriellefox's Profile Photo

Quintana Roo

by gabriellefox Updated Feb 28, 2005
    Snorkel

The coast of Quintana Roo is bathed by shallow, crystal-clear, green-blue waters, lined by beaches of fine white sand, punctuated by numerous coves, bays and islands, with a backdrop of lush tropical vegetation. It is here that Tulum stands, on a cliff, overlooking the Caribbean. The most important Maya archaeological site on the coast, it is 127 kilometers south of Cancun.
    Xel-Ha, is a breathtaking combination of jungle flora and fauna, freshwater (sinkholes), caves, and ocean splendor is guaranteed to please all five of your senses. Wander the jungle trails, snorkel to your hearts content, or take a nap on Hammock Island.

• School Holidays

• Chica_Blanca's Profile Photo

Snorkeling Heaven

by Chica_Blanca Written Apr 25, 2003
    Good snorkeling at the Camino

Wherever and whenever you get the chance - snorkel! Even if you aren't the best swimmer, every snorkel tour outfits you with a life vest, so you can just relax and enjoy the undersea show. We enjoy snorkeling off the beach at our hotel. We've also done some of the popular tours, which we've enjoyed.

• Deep sea fishing

by lizlynch Written Feb 25, 2003

It was our last day in Cancun and we wanted to catch some fish. Went out on a six hour trip and it was awesome! Caught loads of Barracuda and I landed a huge male Mahi-Mahi or Dorado. I thought my arms would break.
    On the journey back to shore, the captain allowed us to sunbathe on the bow of the boat with the sun beating and the Caribbean sea cooling us down. It was truly magical.

• Fishing

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Hobie Catting in the Cancun area

by TheTravelSlut Updated Jan 15, 2007

The Travel Slut's room has this view

From scuba to snorkeling and sunning to sunfishing, the waters around the Yucatan Peninsula offer a wide variety of options and all of them are good and fun.

• Spa and Resort
    • Beaches

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Snorkeling

by cfuentesm Written Nov 16, 2005

Underwater Can Cun

A MUST MUST MUST if to take a local tour to the coral reefs and snorkle. Nice transportation, and excellent food at the site. Make sure to bring an underwater camera.

• Adventure Travel

• jill_archer's Profile Photo

some of the fish at aquaworld...

by jill_archer Written Aug 25, 2002

some of the fish at aquaworld which we saw from the subsea explorer.

• All kinds of watersports...

by marcmalano Updated Sep 1, 2003

All kinds of watersport activities including Jungle Tour, Scuba Diving, Parasailing, Dinner Cruise, etc.

• itk33's Profile Photo

Parasailing must be fun..

by itk33 Written Oct 18, 2003

there's a big in land sea.. a big lagoon in Cancun.. I can only imagine the view from up above.. but there was so much wind when we were there.. so do it on your own risk..

• Hang Gliding

• Chica_Blanca's Profile Photo

Deep Sea Fishing!

by Chica_Blanca Written Apr 25, 2003
    Bill's big catch

My anniversary gift to my husband was a 4-hour deep sea fishing trip. He loved it! Choppy water and all! He and the other folks caught yellow fin tuna, blue fin tuna, mahi mahi and a barrcuda...

• Fishing