Xcaret, Cancún

• solopes's Profile Photo

Fun, Nature and History

by solopes Updated Dec 20, 2013

Bus to Xcaret

About one hour by bus from the hotels area, Xcaret is something not to be missed.

Only a little help from men made a place with natural beauty and signs of history a park where children and adults may spend a full day, with many and different attractions.

• Theme Park Trips

• Warning in Xcaret Park!

by ccasalicchio Written Jan 11, 2012

I was robbed by Gang of XCARET employees during the Hollidays, and nothing to supportbme was done, the park didn't help me with anything. I staid bare-footed and no wallet for nothing. It's very sad to go to park believing in a good faith of they employees and what I see was the opposite. My backpack was inside the locker and the key was it with me all time. If you want to undesrtand the actuation of this gang I suggest you to read the whole history in facebook of XCARET, because I post complete information about this. Definitely I do not recomend anyone to visit this park, because they don't give any support or security for their users (clients)

• happydance's Profile Photo

Xcaret was a wonderful blend of wildlife, culture,

by happydance Updated Apr 4, 2011

This picture was taken during the night show!

I had a great time their and I enjoyed the night show. Xcaret was a great place to go with the whole family but if I go back to Cancun, I will not go back to Xcaret because they were very unorganized,
    In addition, the pathways were not clearly marked. Overall, I would not recommend Xcaret.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Don't get caught dripping wet

by UKDaisy Updated Apr 4, 2011

To ensure that you'll have a dry towel and clothes when you emerge after snorkelling in the underground rivers, put them into one of the bags provided when you're picking up your life vest at the start of the river. The bag will be taken by the Xcaret staff to the end of the river for you to retrieve.

You'll need the warm clothing and towel as the water is pretty cool and gets breezy at the end of the swim. Clostrophobic people shouldn't swim through the tunnels.

• Architecture

• kimod74's Profile Photo

Xcaret - Beautiful Eco Park!

by kimod74 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sea Turtles at Xcaret

My husband and I did a day trip to Xcaret on our November 2004 Mayan Riviera trip. There is so much to do at this park! The entrance to the park isn't too obvious, the taxi cab will drop you off on the side of the road and it looks like there is nothing there, but actually there is a bus stop where the trolly will come pick you up to take you into the park.
    We snorkeled the river through the caves which was fun, but dark a lot of the time and you can't see much, kinda creepy sometimes through the cave parts but you have to give it a try if you go! There is an aquarium museum, pumas, monkeys, sea turtles, alligators, so much to see and do it's fabulous. We ate a great meal at the restaurant (don't recall the name) overlooking the sea turtles home, we had the chicken stuffed with goat cheese, it was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten anywhere. You can get beer, soda and cigarettes at different locations around the park. They have a great little beach area to hang out at, a snorkel area and lots of sitting areas throughout the park. All in all Xcaret was a wonderful time!
    We stayed for the night show, just magnificent! It is in this huge open air ampitheatre built as it would have been back in the times of the Mayans, the sound in the theatre was superb. BE FOREWARNED! If you stay for the night show and are trying to take a taxi back to your hotel, we tried to catch one about 8:30P.M. or so and they are few and far between and they do not stop at the bus stop for you. We waited about 45 minutes and finally this huge tour bus pulled up and took us down the road and dropped us off at our respective hotels, we got lucky, we would have stayed there all night. If this does happen you can try to hail a regular taxi (not the collectivo) to get back to your hotel, however regular taxi's didn't come by either except for one who sat there waiting when he realized we had been waiting for a long time.

• Theater Travel

• vera-s's Profile Photo

by vera-s Updated Feb 25, 2008

Meet a Mayan

Swim in underground rivers, see dolphins, crocodiles and turtles, touch a starfish, chill on a hammock, snorkel, climb Mayan ruins, visit a Mayan cemetery, watch a Mexican cultural show...Xcaret is a great day out!

• Kaspian's Profile Photo

XCaret - Commercial But Fun

by Kaspian Updated Apr 5, 2007

XCaret - Traditional Dancers (2004)

XCaret is a kind of Mexican Disneyland, but most of the things you see are real. Real caves, real animals, real performers--no robots here. It's set in the jungle on the coast, they have a beautiful cove swimming area where you can swim with the dolphins or go on snorkel/scuba trips.
    There are lots of animals--cougars, butterflies, bats, turtles, alligators, fish, a bunch of animals you've never seen before, and even some manatees. The snorkel through the underground river/cenote is very fun and included in the price of admission.
    There are also archeaological ruins on site for the intellectuals. Don't miss the traditional dances or horse shows!
    Admission to XCaret is expensive, I think it cost us 650 pesos each.
    I don't know what it is about XCaret, it should be a goofy place--it 's touristy, expensive, and can be crowded. But most of the people I meet after they leave say they had a very strange sensation while there, almost as if you were a kid again. And you wished the day wouldn't end. Same goes for me!
    See my XCaret Travelogues for more photos of XCaret.

• Zoo
    • Aquarium

• malianrob's Profile Photo

by malianrob Updated Feb 10, 2007

Snorkling in the caves

You can easliy spend the entire day here and still not do it all. One of the big draws here is swimming/snorkling in the underground river. Every so often there will be a foto op and at the end of your day you can by the pictures. The river is fresh water and its not too deep.
    This is also a great place to take the kids.
    Theres snorkling, horseback riding, swim with the dolfines, hiking and tons more.

• Adventure Travel

• LaraAnn1081's Profile Photo

Water park/ Nature Park/ Amusement Park/ Zoo

by LaraAnn1081 Written Feb 2, 2007

Swim with dolphins, snorkel, scuba dive, swim and look at native species in their natural habitat. I went here while on a cruise so we didn't actually get to stay here very long. We went snorkeling which was amazing. The snorkeling is through a series of underwater caves. There are some giant fish swimming around you and some places that are very very deep so it can be a little creepy, but if that doesn't bother you it is georgous. Highly recommended. We only got to stay about 4 or 5 hours and we wished that we had more time there!

• An adventure in itself

by jlandgl Written Dec 27, 2006

A group of 13 of us took a day trip to XCarat. I was a little skeptical on going here but I was surprised at the amount of things to do once there. The Mayan village tour was truly amazing. It ended with a mayan ritual dance among the natives the dress and dancing will truly draw you in. We also had time to just lounge around on the beach and rest. You do have the option to Swim with the Dolphins here. We did that at Isla Mujueres but wished that we had waited until XCarat. You get to interact so much more with the dolphins here and they actually jump over your head.

• Adventure Travel

• Laura_Mexico's Profile Photo

Go spend a day in Xcaret

by Laura_Mexico Updated Jan 6, 2006

Some of the gorgeous inhabitants of Xcaret

Something you can't miss when visiting Cancun is going to the ecologic park of Xcaret... it's a gorgeous place located an hour or so away from Cancun (72 KM.) where you should spend an entire day: you can perform water sports, have some sea food, swim with dolphins, among other fun and enriching activities.

There isn't much to do in Cancun itself, anyway, except to spend all day relaxing on the beach or performing water sports in the ocean. So put a day apart in your schedule and visit Xcaret.... you won't regret it, the trip is worth it!

You will find more information about this day trip in my Playa del Carmen site! (I posted it in Playa del Carmen because the park is closer to this town than to Cancun, but it's still at a very affordable distance from here)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

XCARET

by LoriPori Updated Nov 27, 2005

Xcaret Beach

Thursday, January 20, 2005.
    Tour to XCARET ,an ancient Mayan ceremonial center, south of Cancun.
    It is an eco-archaeological and recreational park with natural ponds, underground rivers, coral reef aquarium, sea turtles, butterfly pavilion, a Mayan Village and the magical "Xcaret Spectacular Night Show"

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

X Caret

by cfuentesm Written Nov 16, 2005

X Caret Views

To get a closer look at Mexican culture and traditions, visit X Caret. There are buses leaving from Can Cun quite often, or rent a car. It's about an hour drive and you'll get to this exotic beach/pool/underwater caves. Sometimes it's too crowded but you'll enjoy the experience. Don't forget to go swim inside the caves!!!!!

• Archeology

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

by Pat&ZoAnn Written Sep 14, 2005

Beach and snorkeling cove in Xcaret

Xcaret is an Eco-Park, about 45 minutes south of Cancun. It has some minor Mayan ruins, cultural dances and displays, dolphin shows, an aquarium and a snorkeling cove. Also, there is a cenote, which you can ride down by raft or swimming.

• Xcaret rocks!

by TRAVELCHICK29 Written Sep 5, 2005

if you can only do one thing while in Cancun, please do visit the Xcaret. It is an Eco-theme park where you can swim with the dolphins, swim in an underground river, marvel at the wide variety of the land's native plants and animals and learn about the Mayan culture. It takes about a day or two to enjoy the whole park. I really had a great time here and would recommend it to everybody. Tickets are about $60. or $85. if you book a tour from your hotel.

Instant Answers: Cancún