Isla Cozumel Restaurants

The inflatables
    by ArenJo
    Attempting to get on...and failing
    by ArenJo
    Me and my niece drinking

Most Recent Restaurants in Isla Cozumel

• ArenJo's Profile Photo

Margaritaville: Margaritaville

by ArenJo Written Jan 19, 2014
    The inflatables

The alcohol was way expensive. I went mostly to play in the water and the waves were hard to combat. Also, the inflatables were really difficult to get on and trying with all my might, I couldn't get on top of any of them. There is also an area under the cement sidewalk where you could get washed up under if you aren't careful. Doesn't seem safe at all.

Favorite Dish: We didn't eat there, just drank and swam.

• Singles

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe Cozumel: Hard Rock Cafe Cozumel

by TravellerMel Updated Sep 5, 2013

Me in front of the HRC Cozumel

I love to visit Hard Rock Cafe whenever I get to a city that has one - I've been to this cafe several times, all during cruise port stops. The staff is very friendly, and I think generous with the liquor in the alcoholic drinks. :-) The sign says it is the "Smallest Hard Rock in the World", but it didn't seem that small to me. The rock shop has a large selection of pins, shirts, and other collectibles, and the food is what you have come to expect from the Hard Rock brand - good portions of good food at good prices.

** 11/2012 - Looks like the Cozumel HRC is moving up! We saw a nice new building very close to the new cruise ship terminal and it looks much larger than the current cafe. It is scheduled to open in December 2013, but I couldn't find out if the cafe will move to this new location, or if this will be a second location.

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Three Amigos: Three Amigos - great photo ops, expensive food

by TravellerMel Written Nov 26, 2012

Three Amigos, Cozumel

Our 2012 Girl's Cruise was the second time I've been to Three Amigos - and got the same thing both times. The menu is rather expensive (but then again, it is in the cruise terminal, so it is kind of like eating at the airport...), but is a great place to "meet up" with others in your party. We ordered the chips & salsa and chips & guacamole, it it was enough to satisfy the munchies for four of us. It helped that our Carnival excursion wristband got us each a free margarita... :-) There are lots of fun photo ops here, so for a silly place to laugh a lot, this is a good place. The waiter was very friendly. There are more authentic and less expensive dining options away from the cruise terminal, but if you need an easily-found place to meet up before going back onto the cruise ship, this is perfect.

Favorite Dish: The guacamole was really good and fresh.

Playa Bonita Restaurant: Playa Bonita Restaurant

by joiwatani Written Oct 16, 2011

This is one among the many restaurants and bar along the beach in Punta Sur, Cozumel, Mexico.

You can have tacos, fajitas, burritos, beer and cold drink here.

The restaurant is on the side of the white sand road and right at the beach.

Senor Iguanas: Tacos, Nachos and Fajitas

by joiwatani Written Oct 15, 2011

There are arrays of restaurants that were built along the coast of Punta Sur, near the Faro Ceralain Lighthouse. And, one of them is the Senor Iguanas.

The restaurant has a huge Iguana standing on the road with a flag Stop sign. The iguana is green, wearing a yellow hat and smoking a tobacco.

The restaurant offers and array of Mexican food like fajitas with choices of pollo (chicken) or beef. They also offer tacos and nachos, soda and other beverages.

Mezcalito's Bar & Grill Restaurant: Mezcalito's Bar & Grill Restaurant

by joiwatani Updated Oct 15, 2011

This bar and grill restaurant is one among the array of restaurants that you can see along the coastal of Punta Sur, a few miles to the entrance of Faro Ceralain Lighthouse.

This restaurant has great views of the blue ocean and has many parking spaces for your rented car or vehicles on the side of the restaurant.

There are individual huts built close to the water. Customers can go down to the individual huts and bring their food and drinks there.

The restaurant has the same built as the other restaurants in the area- the roofs are made of dried palm leaves and the structure are temporary. (Remember that Isla Cozumel was recently hit by a huge typhoon).

The restaurant sells local Mexican food, drinks (pop) and beer.

The Reggae Beach Bar: The Reggae Beach Bar

by joiwatani Written Oct 14, 2011

Cozumel has been hit with many tornadoes for the past years and the last one devastated a lot of businesses including hotels and bars especially close to the beach in Punta Sur.

With the indirect help of the cruises coming to Cozumel, the hotels and restaurants near Punta Sur are slowly picking up. Some of the hotels were hit hard, some of their buildings were totally wiped out.

The Reggae Beach Bar is one of them. This is where you stop to drink a beer or cold soda before you head back home!

• Theme Park Trips

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville: Always a Fun Time

by cjg1 Updated May 2, 2011

Liz enjoying Margaritaville (April 2011)

If there is a Margaritaville...we will find it. A few years back we went to our first Margaritaville in Grand Turk and ever since then we make it a stop during our travels. Our cruise took us to Cozumel and low and behold they had a Margaritaville....

We decided to make Margaritaville our last stop of the day before heading back to the ship. The place is huge with a large gift shop, bar area, inside dining room, oudoor dining area and a large water trampoline. As always Margaritaville is packed full of people; yes it is a tourist place but I don't care. We decided to have a seat outside and the host found us a nice table with a water view.

We know the menu like the back of our hands but always peruse it to see if their are any different items for this particular location. We decided to both have frozen Big Ritas to drink along with some seafood cheese dip as a snack. We enjoy the large Big Ritas especially because of the souvenir glass. There is nothing better than a frosty margarita with a beautiful water view....ah....

While we waited for our appetizer a woman dressed as a pirate/clown came over and made us balloon accessories. She made a balloon parrot for me and tied him to my shoulder. My wife wound up with an elaborate ballon hate complete with flower. A photographer came by and took a picture of us in the height of our silliness (Hey if you can't laugh at yourself and with each other then what's the pint in life...). My wife wound up purchasing the pic along with a souvenir frame for it.

Our appetizer arrived soon after bubbling hot. The cheese dip was a variety of cheeses, mushrooms, crab and shrimp with toasted chunks of bread for dipping. I loved the dip. It was quite nice with large chunks of shrimp, crab and mushrooms throughout. Will definitely get this again.

The atmosphere here is definitely fun with good music playing and staff dancing around having a good time as well. I have never had a bad time at a Margaritaville or been dissapointed in the food or drinks....probably why I keep returning to them through my travels.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

KFC, Pizza Hut, Mickey D's & Burger King: Fast Food Franchises

by grandmaR Updated Apr 23, 2010

Pizza Hut in 2007

One of the wonderful things about Cozumel is the large number of good restaurants in the town. One of my favorite things to do was to go walking around town, window shopping and visiting various restaurants that I had heard about.

I have to wait until I find my little book to write these restaurants up. :-(

There are, however, some various US based chain restaurants, which we did get take-away food from at times when we were too tired from diving to be able to walk to dinner.

Favorite Dish: The food is about the same as it is in the states. The only good thing about it is that you can take it back to your room.

There's even a Starbucks by the lighthouse at the cruise ship dock (photo 5)

• waiting4magik's Profile Photo

Woody's Bar & Grill: Nice little bar tucked away downtown.

by waiting4magik Updated Nov 14, 2009

This little bar is near a mainstream convenience-type store (on the corner) and an upstairs tattoo shop (neither of which I remember the names). We just stopped in for a quick beer and snack while we wandered around downtown. We ended up staying for a long while talking to the owner who approached us when he realized we were American as he was also.

Woody's is much the same as other bars on the island as far as outdoor-like, open-air but sheltered, just smaller.

The beer is local. The food offered is a mix of local and Americanized offerings.

If you are looking to watch American sports, you'll find them here.

The patrons are both local business owners and American tourists. It has a very "local hang-out" feel. It doesn't appear to cater to rowdy crowds, but those wanting a place to chill out.

I believe the prices must have been reasonable if we stayed as long as we did.

• Sabores: Order the Carne Asada

by zinescene2 Written Jul 31, 2009

Local cuisine across from Villa Las Anclas on 5th Ave. 3 blocks the the town square. Prices were very cheap, 60 pesos for lunch and that included fresh Flower tea, refried beans and rice. Lunch was one of the best I've ever eaten. It's run right out of the lady's home and you sit in the backyard under a tree. This place was a hidden gem.

Favorite Dish: Carne Asada was the most flavorful cut of flank steak I've ever eaten. Absolutely delicious.

• flyer_e901's Profile Photo

Pancho's Backyard: Try the guacamole!

by flyer_e901 Written Jul 2, 2009

guacamole & large mango margarita

I wasn't expecting much, being stuck in Cozumel's "tourist compound", but was pleasantly surprised by Pancho's Backyard. The atmosphere was relaxing and food was great! I'm not much of a drinker, but my friend kept raving about his large mango margarita that had at least 6 ounces of tequila.

• Cruise

• Sorrisi: Best italian restaurant in the island...

by robert_reyes Written Aug 29, 2008

I was walking through the streets of Cozumel looking for a nice and attractive restaurant nearby and suddenly I found this rustic Italian restaurant called Sorrisi´s, as soon as I walked in, the gave this special attention to me. The service was great as well as the food and the drinks, specially the sangria that they gave me to taste (awesome!), and the special licore gelatto, just great!.

So far the best italian cuisine in the island and the Caribbean, I highly recommend it!

I´ll try to get the address soon, believe me, if you´re planning to visit Cozumel you should go and visit Sorrisi too, you won´t regret it. The finest cuisine in the island.

Favorite Dish: Best calzone, pasta and pizza. Mouth watering, savory and authentic. Everything is FRESH.

• Sorrisi: Best italian restaurant in the island...loved it!

by robert_reyes Written Aug 26, 2008

I was walking through the streets of Cozumel looking for a nice and attractive restaurant nearby and suddenly I found this rustic Italian restaurant called Sorrisi´s, as soon as I walked in, the gave this special attention to me. The service was great as well as the food and the drinks, specially the sangria that they gave me to taste (awesome!), and the special licorice gelatto, just great!.

So far the best Italian cuisine in the island and the Caribbean, I highly recommend it!, and the good thing is that is located in downtown, almost in between the ferry pier and the punta langosta´s main pier (cruise).

Believe me, if you´re planning to visit Cozumel you should go and visit Sorrisi too, you won´t regret it. The finest Italian cuisine in the island.

Favorite Dish: the lasagna was exquisite, great taste and a perfect wine suggested by the waitress.

• Archeology

• beanbag's Profile Photo

Pancho's Backyard: Great Patio Atmosphere

by beanbag Updated Jun 6, 2008

I have visited Cozumel 3 times over the past several years and each time I try to stop for lunch at Pancho's Backyard. The food's good, friendly staff and a great place to regroup after walking and shopping. Ceiling fans, fountains and sometime live music add to the experience.

Depending on the time you go, it gets pretty crowded, but the service is good and the food comes fairly quickly (not fastfood). So far I haven't felt rushed while eating though.

Favorite Dish: I usually go with recommendations from the waiters which are the sampler platters.

Instant Answers: Isla Cozumel

Comments

Isla Cozumel Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Isla Cozumel restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla Cozumel sightseeing.