Isla Mujeres Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Isla Mujeres

• GloriaH9's Profile Photo

isla mujeres

by GloriaH9 Written Nov 20, 2013

On our trip to Cancun November 2013 we took a ferry to isla mujeres. Beware of purse/backpack thiefs. If you are driving a slow golf cart and decide to take a trip around this island, beware of motorcycles. They come up from behind and snatch you bag and there is no way to catch them because golf carts to do not go fast! My tote was tied to the cup holder and they surprised me on my right and grabbed my bag, it happened so fast.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Hurricane Wilma damage

by Dabs Updated Dec 29, 2005

Playa Paraiso?

Hurrican Wilma slammed into Cancun in October 2005 and while they are rebuilding quickly you can still see some damage all over the region. Hardest hit was Cancun and Cozumel, Isla Mujeres seemed to weather it pretty well although there was plenty of damaged vegetation you could see along the beach and on the boat as we were going from the downtown area to further along the shore.

I spotted the construction spot in the 1st photo on the 2nd beach where we stopped and I had to laugh at the irony, it doesn't look like a "Playa Paraiso" (beach paradise) to me!

• Mambino's Profile Photo

Smaller Beaches

by Mambino Written Dec 6, 2007

Word around town is a lot of the beach around the island has been eroded from the last hurricane, but not knowing any better, we had no complaints.

• brkilbourne's Profile Photo

Moped & golf cart rental

by brkilbourne Written Sep 7, 2006

Mopeds

Check your vehicle out for scratches & dings and point it out to them. Better still photo them.
    You will pay dearly if you scratch it. Credit card is required to rent. Many speed bumps and big.

Instant Answers: Isla Mujeres

Comments

Isla Mujeres Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Isla Mujeres warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla Mujeres sightseeing.