Majahual Off The Beaten Path

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Mahahual Lighthouse

by grandmaR Written Jul 6, 2013
    Mahahual lighthouse

I was very happy to be able to get photos of a lighthouse - this one was a new one to me as I had not visited this port before. I took photos from the taxi which had a cracked windshield.

This is an active lighthouse with a focal plane of about 75 ft.; It makes four white flashes every 16 seconds . The lighthouse is approximately 72 ft - a round cylindrical white concrete tower with four buttressed ribs, lantern, and gallery. Lantern roof painted red. Located on the waterfront in Mahahual. Accessible by road.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Cruise

• francese2's Profile Photo

hidaway in paradise COSTA MAYA

by francese2 Written Jul 6, 2009

My second favorite place to Cozumel, Costa Maya, when you get off the cruise ship, you can rent a golf cart for the day. cheaper by the day rate, holds 4 people short ride to beach and quaint town, you have to park cart on a side street, it will be safe, just take your key and do not leave any belongings on it, there is a dirt blvd. that is the main street with outdoor stores venders bars etc. we parked our selves on a beach at a Bar, we order Coronas a bucket of 6 was 6.50 we ordered 3 kinds of nacho and salsas the bars have a deal with the local resturant and they take your order and bring it back to you, we had 6 coronas 2 Margaritas and 3 orders of nachos the bill came to 19.00, the beach bar we sat at had umbrella tables and chairs and they also had a massage special for 25 minutes 20.00 it was heaven, we did not buy much there we did a little browsing my adult son wanted a hoodie that they were aking 40.00 for but we walked away to much money I felt, and when we walked back by him later we got it for 17.00. so they will hagle prices its an untouched area so they try to get as much $$ as possible but they will give in because they need the money for the day!! and ships only come in on the scheduled times so they need the business, we went in the water is was so nice not to deep and you could walk way out and enjoy seeing the cruise ships at the dock, we just sat there most the whole day and enjoyed the sun take rain umbrella along, we had 2 sun showers while we were there or if you do not mind the rain, leave them behind . at the cruise dock there are alot of little stores much more expensive then on the beach, so if you want to shop I suggest the beach area stores, when we were there there was a nice community pool and Bar restrurant we went back and sat there till it was time to embark the ship, we also bought our kaulua there way cheap!!! there are other little beach areas to visit but this was nice because of the shops available

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

Costa Maya @ Majahual. Cruiseships only please

by TheTravelSlut Updated May 3, 2007

The pier @ Costa Maya can handle 4 cruiseships

I need to get this tip updated. I apologize.

Suffice to say for now it is a dock/pier built just for cruiseships that leads down the boardwalk right into a "village" of shops, bars, restaurants, and a pool inside all of them. It truly is a one-stop, stop.

• Cruise
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Majahual

Comments

Majahual Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Majahual off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Majahual sightseeing.