Majahual Restaurants

This is Charlie Browns
    by whitneyone
  • This is your view at Charlie Browns...not bad!!
    This is your view at Charlie...
    by whitneyone
  • Whoops I ate too fast to take a photo of all three
    Whoops I ate too fast to take a photo of...

Best Rated Restaurants in Majahual

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

Luna de Plata: Italian, anyone?

by whitneyone Updated Nov 15, 2007

One of the most intersting things about mahahual is the food. there's a lot of Europen influance. At Luna de Plata, the atmosphere is really nice and friendly and people are having a great time. At night the cruisers are gone, so the feeling of the whole town is quite intimate.

Updated October 2007. The restaurant took quite a hit, but they are rebuildling and i can't wait!

Favorite Dish: We shared a salad with shrimp, a slice of pizza, mahi mahi and spagetti with chile and garlic.
    All were very good. The only low point was the fish on a bed of lettuce. A little more food would have been nice on the side.
    The pizza was great, so was the spagetti...I would go again in a heartbeat.

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

Charlie Browns: Beach food!

This is Charlie Browns

Charlie Browns really caters to the cruise passengers, so it can be a little difficult to have them just slow down and TALK to you. LOL. They'll get you in there with one of the specials (and by in there, I mean on the sand) like 6 beers and snacks for 10 dollars....and that's about the right price...and they know you'll order more guacamole--(it was really good)
    It's bar food, it's beach food, but the location is just perfect.
    October 2007. Sadly, gone.

Favorite Dish: We were only there for the appitizers, so I can only go with the Guac. Everyone in there was quite happy so I'd imagine you can find something you want. Their casual menu (quesidillas, fish tacos) is the right type of food for this place.

Casa del Mar: Shrimp Tacos-killer view--great deal

by whitneyone Updated Nov 15, 2007

Whoops I ate too fast to take a photo of all three

Not everyone can make a good shrimp taco. Some people make them too healthy and skip the batter and the deep frying. not Casa del Mar. 3 big beautys for 5 dollars was about the best deal i've found in a long time. I've had a lot of 5 dollar food, but the quality and quantity here was hands down the best
    HORRIBLE NEWS!
    We just returned from another trip and this place is CLOSED.
    AAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    Updated 2007. Yup between the hurricane and everything else, sadly, my favoite place seems gone for good.

Favorite Dish: All we had were shrimp tacos--it was all we needed.

Travel In: International fare

by whitneyone Updated Nov 15, 2007

This must have been someones house, and you feel as welcome as you would an old friend.
    Mahahual does not have a grocery story so I was amazed at the selection of items on this menu. Pastas, Curries, Chicken, Salads, Wraps- Home made pita and creative hummus.
    I can't wait to go back.

Updated October 2007. After a quick recovery from hurricane Dean, they are up and running with limited hours and just fabulous.
    Around KM 6 on the beach road.

Favorite Dish: The curry
    The home made pita and garlic dip. KILLER!

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

Tapas: Want to dine, IN the water?

by whitneyone Updated Nov 15, 2007

Tapas is somewhere on the left-this is the main st

Right on the waters edge...with some chairs and tables actually in the water, don't miss Tapas for awesome dining al fresco. We were there for appitizers only, the nachos were fine, the guacamole was OUTSTANDING, and I can't remember the third item as the Pina Colada's were so good.

uPDATED 2007.
    tHE hurricane took out many many businesses, but there are quite a number of restaurants that are up and running and serving on the beach.
    Vist now before the Malecon changes everything!

Favorite Dish: The guacamole, but wish i had time for more food. I will happily return. The service was so so friendly, as it is everywhre in Mahahual. In fact, after the cruise ships were gone on our first visit, we were trying to take a self portrait when a waiter from the restaurant came running over to take our photos. I love this place. I love Mahahual

• Two Story Thatch Hut on the Beach

by dnaugle Written Jun 1, 2007

Best massages, eats, and drinks in Mahahual

As our waiter Aldolfo said, "anything's possible." Everyone was so friendly and helpful, making sure our Coronas had enough ice on them, they made whatever we were hungry for...from chips and salsa with THE BEST QUACAMOLE EVER, to fish tacos, seafood tacos, steak and chicken fajitas. Aldolfo even put our table right in the water so we could dine in the sun with our feet in the water! We even got a full hour massage for twenty dollars! It was the best...overlooking the blue water with the gently breezes blowing. When you see the two story hut, the top level has 6 or 8 massage tables where the massages are out of this world.
    The bottom level includes the "bar" with adorable swings for seats. We hope to go back again and again! Everyone here made sure our day was perfect. They even offered to take our pictures and sat and talked with us for awhile.

Favorite Dish: The seafood tacos were awesome and the guacamole was to die for!

• Beaches
    • Cruise

• LuvLeLe10's Profile Photo

Tapas: Fabulous little place to eat

by LuvLeLe10 Written Jul 17, 2005
    looking at the restaurant from the beach area

The waiter Emir was so helpful going out of his way to make sure we were having a good time.

Favorite Dish: I had the fajitas and a margarita with chips and salsa. It was fabulous!

• Cruise

Instant Answers: Majahual

Comments

Majahual Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Majahual restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Majahual sightseeing.