Majahual Sports & Outdoors

granddaughter snorkeling
    Snorkeling
    by grandmaR
    looking through the glass bottom boat

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Majahual

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Glass Bottom Boat and Snorkeling

by grandmaR Written Jul 6, 2013
    Snorkeling

We were loaded into several shuttle buses, but our driver spoke no English, and we got off at the first stop and that wasn't it. Eventually we got to the dock and I had to stop and rest several times on the way down the dock. I was afraid I would have no energy left for snorkeling.

First we went out to see things in the glass bottom boat (it was hard to take photos through the glass because of reflections).

After we looked at the reef through the glass bottomed boat, they showed us how to put on and use the snorkels. My granddaughter did really well. I was having a problem staying with the group. Eventually I just hung on to the boogie board with my granddaughter and let the guide tow me.

I did see two squid squirting along the floor. Unfortunately I didn't get a photo because the snorkeling camera batteries had died

Equipment: Bathing Suit
    Towel
    Change of clothes
    Bio-degradable Sun Block
    Sunglasses & Hat,
    Waterproof camera & Film
    Extra Spending Money

They supply snorkels, fins and snorkeling vests

• Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Cruise

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

The Beach at Costa Maya

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Feb 11, 2007

The Beach at Costa Maya

A beautiful soft sand beach stretches to the north of the dock at Costa Maya, complete with grass thatched palapas. The Beach is very popular with sun worshippers as well as scuba divers and snorkelers because of the beautiful clear waters of the Caribbean.

Just a short distance off shore is Chinchorro Reef, which stretches southward all the way to Belize It is the second largest barrier reef in the world, surpassed only by the Great Barrier Reef of Australia.

• Water Sports
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Cruise

Instant Answers: Majahual

Comments

Majahual Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Majahual sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Majahual sightseeing.