Majahual Warnings and Dangers

Mahahual - Before Dean
    by sgornick
  • Puddle of water+hot &humid+me=mosquito bites
    Puddle of water+hot &humid+me=mosquito...
    by melissa_bel
    Mahahual - After Dean
    by sgornick

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Majahual

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

those pesky mosquitos

by whitneyone Written Apr 8, 2007

it's not really a danger, just an annoyance. Like anywhere else in the tropics, if there is no breeze at sundown then you are dinner for the mosquitos. Spray yourself with as much as you feel comfortable with. I never leave the room without repellant. ever. I even offer to spray the locals who often stand with some sort of material to swat the critters away. the usually welcome the offer.
    i have not found it to be worse than other places, but others sometimes just forget that paradise comes with pests!

• melissa_bel's Profile Photo

Mosquitoes!

by melissa_bel Written Jan 29, 2005

Puddle of water+hot &humid+me=mosquito bites

It was hot and humid and the skies were still cloudy when we started our walk to Majahual. We didn’t think about it but I hope it is a lesson to you, MOSQUITOES!!! That kind of weather drives them crazy and those critters are proliferating in that environment. We hadn’t thought about that and didn’t have any bugs repellent with us. We were at their mercy for a while, been bitten several times. But, the sun finally came out and the humidity dropped, the mosquitoes disappeared. So, if you are travelling in the area, don't forget to put a bug repellent spray in your backpack!

• Cruise

• Mahahual wiped out by hurricane Dean

by sgornick Written Sep 1, 2007

Costa Maya Pier after Hurricane Dean

Sadly, there is nothing left.
    Until it is rebuilt, travel is not advised.

• Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Beaches
    • Cruise

Instant Answers: Majahual

Comments

Majahual Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Majahual warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Majahual sightseeing.