Know about this? Rate It!
Away from the crowd at Akumal Cove
The further south you drive, the less popuated it becomes. Yet you would hardly know this due to the huge facades on the highway announcing that you have reached another sprawling development. In Akumal there are a lot of houses, a few hotels and one of the nicest beaches between Playa Del Carmen and Tulum.
The water was warm, the people were all so HAPPY. There was a family, a couple and two sons aged possibly 6-10 who simply snuggled with each other as they stared at the ocean. No ice chests, no towels, no fighting, just the four of them together. They must have sat like that,changing positions for an hour. It was one of the nicest things I have ever seen. Maybe they were always like that, but I owe some of it o the beach.
After 9 days of great seafood and mayan and mexican food, we had a hankering for some good old fashioned Hamburgers. LOL-HA on the beach at Akumal were INCREDIBLE.
- Family Travel
- Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
Playa del Carmen Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sestri Levante
- Forest Hills Hotels
- Mauritius Hotels
- Kampong Pasir Ris Hotels
- Santa Monica
- Davao City
- Salton Sea Beach Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path