La Parilla, Playa del Carmen

3.5 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars - 6 Reviews

by call_me_rhia
  • La Parilla: Don't eat there, they may assault you!

by Shawnjaa Written Sep 20, 2007

I was very impressed with the food and ambience. It was close to our hotel so I ate there on three different occasions. I've spent 10+ years in the restaurant industry and must say that I have NEVER been treated as bad as I was on that third visit. It was the absoulute worst service experience ever...hands down. I wont describe the whole affair, I will only say that I wrote a comment on the credit card slip, left a different waiter a 20% tip and was chased down "on the street" by my waiter. Any place that hires thugs to serve their guests in a tourist town just doesn't get it. This place is in desperate need of a kitchen fire! Avoid like the plague!

Favorite Dish: I had some good dishes there but after my experience I will not say anything positive about this craphole of a restaraunt.

• peggydaly's Profile Photo

La Parilla "The Grill": Tex Mex at La Parilla

by peggydaly Written Jan 23, 2006

La Parilla

My first experience here was not so great (a lunch) but i had a breakfast and several dinners here that were really good. Many people will want what the mexican food that is more like that in the US and this is the place to get it.

Mariachis come and play most evenings at around 8. They walk all around the inside so it's a good chance to listen without forking up the $5US for a song like other places. But if you make a request, it is understood you will pay.

Favorite Dish: Just about everything was good. If i could remember what i had that wasn't good, i'd tell you, but i can't.

• LotusV8's Profile Photo

La Parilla: The best in Playa

by LotusV8 Written Dec 17, 2005

La Parilla

Sweet Jesus! this is one of the best restaurants I ever visited in my life.
    La Parilla was voted no 1 Mexican restaurant in 2004 and I guess that they will recieve another award

Favorite Dish: That question is not fare :) I never had anything that didnt taste wonderful

• Diving and Snorkeling

• graz-ie's Profile Photo

La Parilla: Good mexican Restaurant

by graz-ie Written Oct 9, 2005

A very nice mexican restaurant on the main shopping street of Playa. It is quite big and a lot of waiters are working there so I guess there are no long waiting times there. I was there pretty late so I didn´t have to wait long anyway.
    I was sitting upstairs and it was nice to watch the people going by on the street during the night listening to the music.

Favorite Dish: I ate Tacos with Chicken, Mushrooms and Cheese, which were very very good. And I guess I had a soup before - I just know that I was more then stuffed after all I ate... but very very good!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

La Parrilla Mexican Grill: 5th Avenue dining

by Dabs Written Nov 20, 2004

La Parrilla

5th Avenue has a bunch of restaurants that cater to the folks staying at the hotels along the beach. They tend to be a bit more expensive and the decor a little nicer than the restaurants off of 5th Avenue where the locals eat and La Parrilla is no exception.

• whitneyone's Profile Photo

La Parilla: Popular

by whitneyone Updated Dec 12, 2003

La Parilla

From 2003. Everyone loves this place. It's one of the few places that has a line every night. Honestly, we didn' get it. We went in late so maybe everyone was tired. After eating at Las Brisas we were spoiled when it came to lobster. They had a special on small lobster tails, but when we asked what was a better value, those, or splitting one real tail, it seemed to send everyone into a frenzy, as no one could tell us how big the regular tails were. We had to ask to see it, and ordered it, and it was quite good. But our waiter was just below par and I think we may have ticked him off a little.

Favorite Dish: The Lobster of course!

Instant Answers: Playa del Carmen

Comments

View all Playa del Carmen hotels