Senor Frog's, Playa del Carmen

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

Senor Frog's: Not what it use to be

by blueskyjohn Updated Apr 22, 2014

Senor Frog's is a popular theme restaurant with several location in Cancun and PDC. In the past I always had a good time. Things seem to have declined here, especially with the food. The atmosphere is still fun but seemed to be very family oriented which is fine. Swings for seats at the bar and inner tubes with butts hanging out hanging from the ceiling if fun.

My group ordered several drinks, nearly half came out either wrong drink or wrong size. The waiter was good about replacing them but I did sense a bit of an attitude. For food, I started with the wings. This was the best part of the meal. The wings come without any sauce on them. Two different sauces are on the side. The spicier one was excellent. Neither was very hot.

For my main course I ordered the bbq pork ribs. Unfortunately they were burnt and very dry. Not very good.

When it came time to pay the bill, the waiter was not happy with the tip. He actually asked a younger member of my group for more tip! When I caught wind of this I approached him and asked if there was a problem. He immediately changed his tone and went on his way.

Would not return. Too many places in PDC for a fun time and better food.

• Beaches

• ilovepdc's Profile Photo

Sr Frogs: The BEST

by ilovepdc Written Feb 7, 2012

My absolute favorite restaurant in PDC. Sr Frogs' staff always treats you as family and does anything possible for you to have fun on your vacation. There won't be one trip I take to Playa del Carmen where I don't visit Sr Frogs. They have amazing entertainment and dancers, even the waiters are entertainment. I love this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Anything from the bar is great.

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

senor frogs: a fun restaurant

by alyf1961 Written Nov 6, 2008

overlooking the caribbean sea

Senor frogs was a really fun place to eat, the waiters were really friendly and the food delicious. Whilst waiting for food to arrive you can read one of the many jokes dotted around the place or have fun on the swings at the bar.

Favorite Dish: I had the chicken and ribs with creamed corn and curly fries, they were delicious.

• kyoub's Profile Photo

Senor Frog's: Favorite

by kyoub Updated Jul 30, 2004

Zany fun

One of our favorite places to eat was at Senor Frogs.
    It was just a short way from our condo, near the pier.
    Funny waiters and shots for all
    Some went down there after dinner for a few drinks and the band also.

Instant Answers: Playa del Carmen

Comments

View all Playa del Carmen hotels