San Miguel de Cozumel Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in San Miguel de Cozumel

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Dive, Dive, Dive

by grandmaR Updated Nov 11, 2014

In 1998, my husband and I went to Cozumel to dive. That's the main reason to go to Cozumel as far as I am concerned.

He took a PADI Open Water course, at Papa Hogs, and I went diving while he did it. This was my first experience with drift diving - it is the Giana Current which flushes out the reef and makes for excellent visibility (100 feet plus) and ideal conditions for coral growth. Drift diving is a little like rafting or tubing down a river, except you are under water. The dive boat follows your bubbles so that they are there when you surface to pick you up.

There are 30 charted reefs and countless sites. There are walls from 30 to 140 feet. There are pinnacles and caves, and small even coral gardens for beginner divers.

Papa Hog's shop Dive shop Aqua Safari Dive Shop A dive shop from a taxi Reef underwater
    • Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches
    • Cruise

• francese2's Profile Photo

Beach Break

by francese2 Written Jul 6, 2009

I have visit Cozumel 4 or 5 times, once we stayed at resort hotel for 1 week, the rest were cruise ship visits, we have always gone to Playa Mia, a great beach break for the $$$ they have several plans to chose from, we always take the deluxe plan includes Buffet and open bar, find your self a table and umbrella area closeto the bar and chill out, find a waiter tip him in advance and he will be at your beckon call we were 7 ladies and I slipped him 20.00 to start with and he and another waiter entertained us and kept our Margaritas flowing and even brought us food, they even dragged us out to participate in games we had a blast they were friendlyand helpful and put up with us crazy women, when we left left we did not mind slipping them extra money as they had made a beach day a lot more fun. there is a shoping area there if you want to spend your money there, it is much cheaper in down town area but we stayed over our time at beach,so we did someshopping there and at the cruise pier you might save a few dollars shopping down town but time was not on our side to go downtown, besides after a day at the beach we were just to worn out to shop, and walk around down town. we were having to much fun talking about the great day we had just spent!!take sun screen with you as it is very hot and sunny out there.

• Water Sports
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

• thebestusernameever's Profile Photo

Cozumel Dune Buggy Tours

by thebestusernameever Written Aug 17, 2008

If you are going to Cozumel you must go on the Dune Buggy Tour. It was so fun! My family and I went last month and it was the best day and tour of all of our cruise ship stops. It costs $89 each, and it was worth it! Other tours I went on cost 50% more, were half as long an did not include a lunch like this one. It was wonderful and let me add, healthy. If you want to get the most for your dollar you should go on this tour. You can book it at www.cozumeldunebuggytours.com, and they are wiling to answer all possible questions you may have.
    This is a Must-Do for all Cozumel visitors.

• Safari
    • Diving and Snorkeling

• DXPERT's Profile Photo

The Town

by DXPERT Written Apr 14, 2005

Going into town is pretty interesting. There are many different shops, many of them catered to tourists strolling around in the afternoon as they wait for the cruise ship to leave. The crafts you can get from street vendors can be verrry interesting!

• Cruise

• The REAL San Miguel

by grkboiler Written Nov 29, 2004

Take some time to explore the roads away from the waterfront and see the real San Miguel and what life is like in this island town. A scooter can take you through a good portion up and down the roads in town in about 30-45 minutes.

San Miguel

Instant Answers: San Miguel de Cozumel

Comments

San Miguel de Cozumel Things to Do

Reviews and photos of San Miguel de Cozumel things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for San Miguel de Cozumel sightseeing.

View all San Miguel de Cozumel hotels