Places to eat in Mazatlán

The doorway to Topolo
    MMMMMM yummy
    by mazatlanfan
    Giselle, Donna and myself at topolo

Most Viewed Restaurants in Mazatlán

• mazatlanfan's Profile Photo

Diegos Beach Bar: Right on the beach

by mazatlanfan Written Dec 27, 2011

I went with my friend to Diegos Beach bar on a Tuesday afternoon. They have a live entertainer Brenster he performs in the afternoon and you pay a cover but get discounted drinks or you can go the all you can drink route for 200 peso. It is near the Oceano Palace and right on the beach. It is a great place to catch the sunset and the food was good and drinks were cheap. They have hot tubs on either side of the bar and huge grill where to food is cooked. My one complaint was the line up for the Bano it was busy that day. Alejandro was our waiter both times I went and he is good an has a good sense of humor!

Favorite Dish: I had a burger which was huge and juicy.

Me and Brenster Restaurant from the beach Me and Alejandro Brenster Sunset at Diegos

• mazatlanfan's Profile Photo

Topolos: Beautiful Restaurant

by mazatlanfan Written Dec 27, 2011

Topolo is located in Plaza Muchado downtown. It is an old mansion converted to a restaurant. The patio is where the tables are located and there is a bar in the front. The ambiance is amazing here a guitar player was in the corner which added to the experience. The service is amazing and the food was superb!! For Mazatlan prices it was on the high side I had Filet mignon and it was delicious I went with two friends and all our food was good! After dinner we walked around the Plaza there were musicians and vendors selling unique items. I enjoy the Plaza on the weekends it is where families gather and go out for dinner it is busy and fun. You need to make reservations for this restaurant I asked the front desk to make them for me.

Favorite Dish: Filet Mignon was tender and juicy!!

The doorway to Topolo MMMMMM yummy Giselle, Donna and myself at topolo inside the restaurant inside the restaurant

• scott0424's Profile Photo

YA ABRIMOS: Don't miss Anything at the Buffett

by scott0424 Written Aug 2, 2011

When we arrived at Ya Abrimos we were pleasantly surprised at the beautiful atmosphere fo the restaurant. We noticed the TV screens and desert table as we walked in. As you walk around you find all the fine Mexican food for you to eat. There was also a separate area set-up for home made tortillas,Quesadillas and Carne Asada. The drinks and the staff were great. I would recomd this for anyone traveling with their family and would like to sample multiple dishes and get full before you leave..and don't forget the deserts!

Favorite Dish: The dishes that were made while you are there (the tortillas,quesadilas and carne asada..a must as well as the deserts!

This is the PLACE Where we were made to feel at home Where the food is! Pick your desert! Outside

Victors: Drink a Pina with your toes in the sand

by culturedesigns Written Mar 23, 2011

Again, right on the beach, in the sand. Pina Coladas great, more pineapply..(if that could be a word). Very strong. Very kind waitstaff. The Tequila shots were huge!!!
    In the back there are semi-outdoor bathrooms and showers if you've been playing in the sand. A beautiful garden with fruit and flowers surrounds the bathrooms.

Favorite Dish: Pina Coladas, and large tequila shots.

• Singles

• culturedesigns's Profile Photo

Puesta De Sol: Best Salsa Ever!

by culturedesigns Written Mar 23, 2011

Wonderfully casual, seats and tables in the sand. Plenty of shade, and lots of cold drinks. They make great Pina Coladas, with fresh coconut and pineapple. We got their chips and salsa and let me tell you, maybe its was just that the tomatoes were picked that day, but I swear that was some of the best salsa I've ever had! The Guacamole was wonderful too.

Favorite Dish: Salsa!

• culturedesigns's Profile Photo

Benji's Pizzas: Great Pina Coladas!

by culturedesigns Updated Mar 20, 2011

Initially we just went here to use the bathroom. There are a few tables with sun umbrellas to sit at right in the sand next to the water. It looks vacant at first, but as you come up to it, what looked like a family was running it together along with a 'young surfer dude'. He made us delicious Huge Pina Coladas, and chips and salsa. All very good and very good prices. The local dogs were very welcoming as well. They'd walk up to each newcomer and give them a friendly wag and lick. I really liked this place. Though we didn't try any pizza we saw one and it looked pretty good.

Favorite Dish: They Pina Coladas were great.

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

Topolo: Classical Mazatlan Restaurant

by SedonaDee Written May 29, 2009

This wonderful restaurant is located in the central historic part of Mazatlan. It came highly recommended by a local and our group of 6 agreed that it was a lovely restaurant that offered ambience, live entertainment, a lovely garden setting, nice bar, and excellent local food. The wait-staff was professional and friendly.

When you enter the restaurant, the large center part of the seating area is actually open-air in a garden setting. If weather is bad, they have seating indoors. It has a warm, inviting decor and we were very pleased with both service and the food.

It is open daily beginning at 11:00 a.m. and is closed on Sundays. We were there are on a weekend night and had to wait about 30-40 minutes to be seated, so I would recommend reservations.

Favorite Dish: We were all very impressed with the Salsa that was prepared fresh for us right by the table with great effort. I think the preparation on the Salsa took about 15 minutes and was excellent. My main course was a Pork Shank that was very tender and tasty.

• Cruise

• mexicruiser's Profile Photo

Claudia's: The best shrimp in town...

by mexicruiser Written Jan 23, 2008

This restaurant is definitely a local hangout, and unless you have been told about this place, you wouldn't really even know that it existed. It is about as basic as they come, but the food was great and so was the service.

Favorite Dish: The camarones de ajo, sin cascara (garlic shrimp without shells) were served with rice, a nice little salad and some beans, and there were about 12 of these large and very tasty critters, all for the grand sum of roughly US3. It doesn't appear that the prices have even gone up since our first visit back in 2004!

We also tried the camarones empanizado which is shrimp lightly breaded, and these too were very good!

We have eaten here numerous times and have never got ill or had any other problems with the food, which is always a good thing!

Claudia's for the best shrimp in town.... The alleyway upstairs with all the restaurants...

• lilchinadoll1's Profile Photo

El Tunel: Authentic!

by lilchinadoll1 Written Jun 12, 2007

The tortilla soup and pozole was sooo good. Traditional dishes, no bean burritos here. Gorditas not like anything you have ever had. MMM my tummy is grawling already. It's in central Mazatlan near the Angela Peralta Theatre.

• When Pigs Fly: Super meals, great prices and good service

by quitodama Written May 27, 2007

On your next visit to Mazatlan, make a stop for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner at When Pigs Fly across from the Malecon between Valentinos and Downtown. Every meal I have had there has been delicious..... steak, pork or chicken. The breakfast menu or breakfast bar is very apetizing and you will be totally surprised at the low prices and great service.
    lprhttp://members.virtualtourist.com/m/t/0/2/e5a00/0/e5a00/2/

Favorite Dish: Everything on the menu is delicious.

• Domitilia: FINE mexican cuisine

by cihobson Updated Mar 29, 2007

Domitilia is located on the Plaza Machado in the Centro, near the Angela Peralta Theater. The food is fine mexican cuisine with some twists that take it a step up from the traditional.

Favorite Dish: I had the most wonderful stuffed chicken breast topped with mole sauce that had melted cheese swirling throughout. The flavors were intense. They had a couple pork dishes I was dying to try...the flavor combinations looked wonderful.

• Domitila: Best Mexican Food in Mazatlan...

by Aletrip Written Dec 30, 2006

Great mexican food located in the Historic Center just in the middle of the Plazuela Machado's action. The only place were you can find blue tortillas, the original "chile en nogada" and a delicious homemade "mole". Live music in the Plazuela, great ambience always. It's next to the Angela Peralta Theater so you can have dinner after a concert. On weekends starting thursdays the street is closed for the restaurants tables so it's great for people watching.

Favorite Dish: You can start with blue corn quesadillas stuffed with squash blossoms, spicy tuna tacos or the oysters are great. And then the stuffed chicken with mole (my favorite) it comes with rice and platain (delicious combination mmmmm). Or try the "chile en nogada" known for its distinguished flavor of meat with fruit and nut sauce. The carne asada is outstanding! Try the "seafood pozole" sounds wierd huh! but is great. Shrimp in barbacoa excellent. Oh I was forgetting the "ensalada Domitila" with goat cheese and caramelized nuts with a balsamic vinagrette; I'm sure you'll want to go back and try all the menu.

Dining at Domitila Dining inside Domitila Domitila's color lights

• quichethecook's Profile Photo

El Patio Restaurant: Don't miss the fresh seafood & dancing!

by quichethecook Written Jan 23, 2006

We had never been here and were pleasantly surprised by the excellent service & food. We also were pulled into a conga line that wound all around the restaurant - even into the extremely hot kitchen. What a blast! They also gave us huge dried vanilla beans w/their name on them which acted like long cha-cha's. Very fun place with a nice bar and dance floor. Music and everything were fun! Outdoor and indoor seating available with a view to the ocean.

Favorite Dish: We had lobster & shrimp that were grilled perfectly! Very fresh and tasty!

• Surfing

• quichethecook's Profile Photo

Casa Country: Great steaks here!

by quichethecook Written Jan 23, 2006

We stayed at El Quiote Inn and didn't try this restaurant nearby until our last night - sad to say! Had a blast watching the dancers do their show and the food was great! I'm going again in 2 weeks February 4, 2006 and am looking forward to going here again!

Favorite Dish: Ribs & steaks plus grilled shrimp awesome too!

• Music
    • Wine Tasting

• bluehypernova's Profile Photo

Beach Restaurants: Get out of your hotel!

by bluehypernova Written Jul 29, 2005

We were staying at a beautiful resort on the beach, I admit it. However, stay away from the all inclusive resorts. Their food is really bad and you're kind of trapped there. We found lots of great local places with patios right on the beach. How "authentic" it is, I couldn't tell you. But it sure is good.

Favorite Dish: Tortilla Soup and a Pina Colada

My real reason for visiting Mexico

Mazatlán Hotels

Latest: Jan 19, 2014
De Cima Hotel
Latest: Oct 14, 2013

Instant Answers: Mazatlán

Comments

Mazatlán Restaurants

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mazatlán locals.
Map of Mazatlán