Beach / Water Sports, Mazatlán

Know about this? Rate It!

GET READY FOR SOME FUN
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

WAVERUNNER BEACH

by travelgourmet Updated Jul 10, 2010

GET READY FOR SOME FUN

Waverunning is a lot of fun but it can also be dangerous. So, if it is the first time or many times out on a waverunner, respect the ocean and the swells and waves. Be alert and the fun will be there. You sit on a water motorcycle and drive across the water, is the best way to describe this exciting watersport.

Equipment: A bathing suit is all you need to enjoy the outing on the sea. Money wise, it costs $80-$100 dollars for one hour of fun. Bargain the price, it is not fixed. Two can ride at the same time.

• Singles
    • Water Sports

• AnnaLupilla's Profile Photo

Deportes Acuáticos

by AnnaLupilla Written Nov 22, 2004

Por su cercanía al trópico de cáncer las aguas de la perla del pacifico tienen una temperatura ideal para la practica de los deportes acuáticos. En nuestras bellas y cristalinas aguas, los deportes acuáticos están a la orden del día. Mazatlán cuenta con una gran cantidad de ligares para pasar un buen rato de sana diversión, desde el tradicional paseo aventura a la isla de la piedra hasta la playa cerritos podrán disfrutar de las mejores playas del país, todas con gran seguridad, sobre todo en temporada vacacional; en ellas pueden practicar el esnorqueleo, el surfing, aventurar en las motos acuáticas, kayak, ski, velero, bananas, paracaídas, buceo y todo lo que usted quiera o gozar de la vida en un yate o catamarán que le permiten el contacto directo con e esplendoroso sol que baña nuestro mar.

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo

Parasailing Over The Pacific

by Etoile2B Written May 12, 2004

The beaches in Mazatlan are always bustling with activity. You can lay out and relax or you can get a little adventurous. While I was there I decided to try parasailing for the first time. There are usually a couple guys out on the beach with their boats ready to take you up. I think back in 1993 it was only $15 USD to do it. But I think we bartered with them over the price. Mexico is all about bartering. I felt completely safe the entire time and had a blast doing it. They were careful about the harness system they used and taught me quickly what to do, covering take off, flight and landing. I was also able to ride out on the boat with them when my friends took their turns sailing. The view you get out over the water is amazing. And you feel so free. I would recommend trying it.

Equipment: The guys on the beach provide all the equipment necessary.

• Adventure Travel

• Parasailing

by jsjf Written Mar 14, 2004

After watching people parasailing for several days, my sister and I decided to try it ourselves. I am afraid of water, so it was a huge moment for me. We went down on the beach and talked to one of the groups in front of our hotel... they gave us a mini lesson, strapped me into a harness, & away I went. It was an incredible experience to be up above the ocean and islands- so serene and relaxing. The guys were all very experienced and made take off and landing very easy for me. I recommend it to anyone who'd like to experience something outside of their comfort zone!

Equipment: The parasail people have all the equipment you need. Leave your shoes or sandals behind, as you don't want to lose them in the ocean:)

• Adventure Travel

• guybert's Profile Photo

Suntaning, the ultimate vacation pass-time!

by guybert Updated Mar 2, 2003

Like I've always said, there is nothing like sitting on the beach in the sun to take all the stress of life away--isn't that what going on holidays is all about?

Equipment: Suntan lotion & very little clothing and then all you have to do is claim your spot on the beach.

Parasailing!

by guybert Written Mar 2, 2003
    Another smooth landing!

A lot of people end up parasailing while on holidays. It's an excellent way to see the city & the countryside from a different viewpoint. It also gets the blood flowing from the excitement & if nothing else, cools you off nicely from being pulled around by a powerboat.

• Water Sports

Snorkeling!

by guybert Written Mar 2, 2003

There are all kinds of outfits that will take you out on a snorkeling outing. I don't think that there are any bad ones to sign up for, but their are some that are better than others. I would think that the one in this picture might be an interesting one to go on just for the novelty of the boat ride.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Diving and Snorkeling

Instant Answers: Mazatlán

Comments

Other Sports & Outdoors in Mazatlán