Time Share, Mazatlán

• mazatlanfan's Profile Photo

Time share presentations

by mazatlanfan Written Dec 8, 2003

Money Exchange House

Many who venture into Mexico and other destinations have heard of the pitfalls of time share presentations.. They can high pressure and a waste of time ( time is such a prescious commodity on vacation) Be wary and just say no if you are not interested. I must say that I have not experienced the real negative reactions from the presenters that others may have but.... I got a free trip to Stone Island which I thouroughly enjoyed

Unique Suggestions: Get what you can.. Shop around to get free Blanket, t-shirts,golf trips and excursions etc..to name a few

Fun Alternatives: shopping is way more fun......

• VictoriaMB's Profile Photo

Time Share Hell

by VictoriaMB Written Mar 29, 2008

Try to stay away from visiting the Time Shares. Unless you are interested in buying, they will hard sell you using just about any line possible. They pay you for going to the time share properties...so I took advantage of the situation and went to 3 and made $250 total. But, if you aren't interested, gotta tell them no....they don't like you anymore but oh well.

Unique Suggestions: Say no if you aren't interested and walk away....with their cash!

Fun Alternatives: Make the trip to a Time Share with an opportunity to use their facilities for a day. These time share resorts have amazing grounds, pools, restaurants, beaches, workout centers, spas, etc. Enjoy yourself but be prepared to say no at the end.

• Beaches
    • Water Sports
    • Golf

by joannemit Written Mar 18, 2014

We attended a presentation at Marina Grand, Mazatlan and after listening we decided to buy into the resort on Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
    We gave them a deposit of $5000 USD on my credit card.

They told us we could have 2 free weeks at their resort in Mazatlan, Ixtapa or Huatulco and also accelerated use of the vacation weeks instead of using only 4 weeks per year we could use 12 weeks if we wanted to
    The next day we thought we would check out the resort at Ixtapa.
    After going online we found out there is no website for Marina Grand Resorts and in fact there is warning that it is a scam.

On Friday, January 24, 2014, I spoke with Tony Lopez of Marina Grand and told him we wished to cancel our contract with them as it was within the 5 day grace period allowed by Mexican law.
    That evening, I also sent Tony Lopez an email confirming my earlier conversation with him and his representative regarding the cancellation of our contract.

Viridiana Morales....marinagrand2@gmail.com
    web page....www.marinagrandresorts.com.....does not exist..there is a Marina Grand Resort (no S on the end of resort) in Michigan
    Avendia La Marina #2204 Marina Mazatlan C.P 82010
    Director Pacific Division...tonymarina01@gmail.com also known as Tony Lopez and Tony Alvarado
    Alex Diaz...669-933-0008 ... alexdl21@hotmail.com

The phone number on the brochure for Signature Residences Club is 877-855-0755 for Canada and 800-611-4835 for Mexico
    and in turn this site connects me to Multimarketing Group
    and when I look for contact info for Multimarketing I am notified the site is invalid

The address I found on line for Signature Residences Club and Residences Club is:LaRue 360 1st Piso, Suite #18 Zapopan, Jalisco, Mexico C.P. 45116

877-855-0755 connects me to i-reservationsnetwork.com...email info@i-reservationsnetwork.com
    This company on their website states that 2 of their clients are Residences Club and Signature Residences Club

I also received a call from a person saying he was from Signature Residences Club.

• Street Huslters

by Hub1 Updated Jan 9, 2003

People are paid to get you into the time-share presentations. Many times you can get decent rewards for your time. Be very careful. Make sure you know how you will be paid or rewarded upfront. We received 2 tickets for a dinner theatre show, a free buffet breakfast, and free RT taxi fare for our 3 hours in a presentation. We were only obligated to go for 90 minutes, but somehow they got us to consider buying a time-share. The good news is we left without buying one.

Unique Suggestions: Make certain who will pay you for your time before you decide to sit through the 90 minutes presentation.

Fun Alternatives: Don't let them talk you into going to the presentations if you don't have the time or willpower.

• Amanda_mzt's Profile Photo

OK, I admit...you are going to...

by Amanda_mzt Written Aug 26, 2002

OK, I admit...you are going to get invited to see timeshare presentations. From the moment you arrive in the airport, on the street and in the restaurants...they will pose as information/activities booths and restaurant hostesses. If you are not interested at all, just tell them you leave in the morning, and that should take care of them...BUT! A lot of places are great to see, you can often get up to several hundred US dollars just for visiting, and you can always say no at the end.

• Tolik's Profile Photo

Timeshare Presentations.

by Tolik Updated Apr 29, 2003

We had an impression that 70% of locals are the street vendors trying to hawk timeshares by sucking you in with cheap site seeing tours. But it was not that bad during our last visit (maybe due to Christmas).

• If you go to a timeshare tour...

by Mindy97 Written Aug 24, 2002

If you go to a timeshare tour for the freebies, remember, there is no such thing as a 'free lunch.' They will try very hard to sell you a timeshare. Better you should pay for your tours, and then if you want to buy a timeshare, check out the resale market when you get home. Try Timeshare Users Group for your education.

• If you go to a timeshare tour...

by Mindy97 Written Aug 24, 2002

• scott0424's Profile Photo

La Jolla beware..do not make a $60,000 decision!

by scott0424 Written Aug 8, 2011

We went to Stone Island and were approached by a guy telling us that for a non committal presentation,we would be paid $200 and have a free breakfast. My wife and I decided that because the guy was nice we would give it a try. We were picked up outside of our current timeshare (thank goodness down the street). We were shown a unit that looked like a small hotel or motel room. We were then showed the excuse for a pool (our Villa pool was bigger). The woman that was trying to sell the timeshare looked like she was going to cry and told my wife it seemed like she was not paying attention. When we told them we would not make a $60,000( plus closing cost's) decision in less than a hour (even if they wanted to buy our current timeshare) they got upset. We took our $200 an left (even though my wife felt guilty)..I figured we earned it.

Unique Suggestions: If you want to make a fast $200 go for it. I even thought about writing a blog on how to enjoy Mazatlan on $200 a day. All you need to do is show your id and a credit card..I made sure nothing was written down. The breakfast was standard continental,but still o.k. Plan on staying for about 2 hours,if it's worth the money for you. It's just like any-other hard sales pitch (like buying a car)..but you do get rewarded at the end. Check out this post:

Fun Alternatives: If you want there is plenty of other things to do.

• Cruise
    • Spa and Resort

• Marina Grand is not grand!!

by henrettykaren Written Apr 13, 2013

Beware of Marina Grand. It was Villa Mar 2 years ago. First time in 13 years that we got

stiffed on a time share presentation after bring there for 90 minutes.

Unique Suggestions: Don't go. If it sounds too good to be true, it might not be true.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel
    • Gay and Lesbian

Instant Answers: Mazatlán

• Dec 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM

December 4, 2013
    MARINA GRAND IS A SCAM. They lie, lie, lie to you. After a 2 hour presentation we decided what they were selling was way to much for what they were selling. We were promised $5,000.00 peso's and once we found out that they only had 3 bedrooms, not Ocean front & they were fractional ownership it was not for us. We do own a Timeshare in Mazatlan since 1996 & it works very well for us. So once we said no they hurried us off the property & threatened to call the Police to get rid of us. Please don't ruin your time on MARINA GRAND IN MAZATLAN..

• Apr 11, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Please pass this around. A new scam at Marina Grand in Mazatlan. Get you there with a promise of at least 5000 pesos and then, if you don't buy, you do not get the promised money and they are very rude. CAREFUL!!!!!!!

Other Tourist Traps in Mazatlán