Safety Tips in Mazatlán

• Enjoy those
    Enjoy those "coco-locos"! Mmm Mmm!
    by JetlagCity
    calm waters
    by mazatlanfan
    Use travellers cheques if you can!!
    by mazatlanfan

Most Viewed Warnings and Dangers in Mazatlán

• La Jolla

by alberta44 Updated Feb 28, 2011

My husband and I went to Mazatlan on Vacation on August 2010. We attended a presentation at La Jolla and we ended buying a timeshare there. We were told that one of the companies they assigned us was going to accept into their inventory our 3 timeshare properties and sell them for a guaranteed price. I can honestly say that they already sold our properties and we got our money. We went to Mazatlan and stayed at La Jolla on January 2011 and spent and amazing time, we enjoyed the privacy and the excellent service they have. Don't be scared about all negative comments, we trusted them and we were right. We are glad we made that decision.

• pencho15's Profile Photo

Jellyfishes in the sea

by pencho15 Updated Jan 10, 2007

Mazatlán is mainly a beach destination and everyone coming here should use sometime to swim in the Pacific Ocean, unfortunately by doing this you'll run the risk of getting burned by a jellyfish. There seems to be lots of this animals on summer, of the seven days I spend there I could only get in the sea twice.
    If you see a white flag on the beach it means that there are some jellyfishes, but you may get a better idea of the risk by walking on the shore, you'll see many of this animals throwed there by the waves if the sea is infested.
    Two of my friends were burned while they wher swimming, based on their experiences i can tell you that if you get burned you must remove the jellyfish as quick as possible from your body to avoid a severe wound, and apparently sand easies the pain.
    on the beaches in front of the hotels you may found some guys that will treat your injure, I doubt you'll find them on the levee.
    the jellyfishes are small, if you get burned it will hurt, but otherwise you don`t run any other risk.

• Beaches

• rosalina's Profile Photo

1. Get a reliable translator...

by rosalina Written Aug 24, 2002

1. Get a reliable translator if you plan on venturing out of the city and usual tourist places. Or bring a book of helpful phrases if you don't speak Spanish.
    2. Avoid the water
    3. Barter!!!!! It's considered rude not to
    4. Stay in a well light heavy populated area of town at night fall. Not a good time to be on your own exploring.
    5. Find out exactly how far away something is before you attemp to walk there!!! My friends and I did that, walked for an hour finally broke down and caught a bus, and realized we were only a block from our destination
    7. Know how to get from point A to point B. Cabs will try to give you the run around
    6. Learn to change money to your currency

Bad (2.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Aquamarina Hotel
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Instant Answers: Mazatlán

Comments

Mazatlán Warnings and Dangers

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Mazatlán locals.
Map of Mazatlán