Álamos Travel Guide

• Hotels

Álamos Things to Do

View from El Mirador 1 more image

by susanpingu Updated Feb 1, 2007

For a bird's-eye-view of this pretty little colonial town, walk 30-40 min up the hill to the lookout point and you will be rewarded with a postcard perfect view.

Souvenir vendors hawk their wares at the top of the hill.

Álamos Hotels

Álamos Restaurants

by susanpingu Written Feb 1, 2007

Behind the bus station is a makeshift stall with a couple of tables & chairs.............roast chicken is the menu. The stall closes after the owner has sold all her roast chicken, so late afternoon is the latest if you want to have some (60 pesos for a whole chicken).

by susanpingu Written Feb 1, 2007

I spent two hours here updating my travel journal while waiting for my 9 PM overnight bus to Nogales, the last leg of my Mexico trip.

My dinner was fish fillet with garlic & butter, and a glass of lemonade; 85 pesos.

Burritos

by susanpingu Written Feb 1, 2007

Nice family-run restaurant near the touristy Plaza de Armas.

Favorite Dish: My dinner was burritos(3) with salad and bean sauce for 50 pesos.

Álamos Warnings and Dangers

by susanpingu Updated Feb 1, 2007

If you eat street food under a tree, make sure to look up and see if there are birds perched directly over you or the open side dishes/sauces.

As usual, I couldn't resist street food........esp when it was a couple of young handsome men serving it.........hem hem. As I reached for the salsa to top my tacos, I noticed something drop into the open salsa dish. Yucks! that came from the bird on the branch overhead. Needless to say, my appetite was gone and I relocated to the table near the street.

The street food stall in question and other local eateries are located by the plaza across from the bus station. This is the people's plaza where the locals eat and mingle. The other plaza is prettier and near the historic church.

If you see those guys operating under the same conditions, then they probably need another reminder about falling debris from the branches above.

Instant Answers: Álamos

Comments

Álamos Travel Guide
Map of Álamos