El Golfo de Santa Clara Travel Guide

by malecon

El Golfo de Santa Clara Warnings and Dangers

• muddfun's Profile Photo

by muddfun Written Feb 3, 2007

save your money and major headaches!!!!
    loose everything here on real estate.
    I have personal experience with these local terrorists that chase you off your land with molotov cocktails and machetes!!!!!!!!!!!

El Golfo de Santa Clara Favorites

• malecon's Profile Photo
    View from my balcony perch at the Los Angulos

by malecon Updated Mar 31, 2006

Favorite thing: If you are searching for a quiet fishing village in Mexico this may not be it. Though it is far enough away from the U.S. to be less commercialized and culturally more authentic, it attracts the off road enthusiast because of the dunes.

In town an acceptable mode of transportation is the quad. The term "street legal" has little bearing in this town. Interesting enough, drinking while driving seems to be an accepted practice.

There is a paved main street but most of the side streets are dirt and sand. Once off the main drag, residences and business mix. When the sun went down I noticed a house open up a makeshift eatery selling only hotdogs. They also operated a small store that included chips and other dry foods.

Fondest memory: I enjoyed observing from my balcony perch. In front was a dirt street with two dogs stationed to one side. A pedestrian parade passed by well into the night.

Occassionally I would break out my binoculars to locate the source of music or identify a set of lights as a small restaurant.

My balcony must have been 12' X 25'. I set up a chair and watched the sun descend, the rain come down, and the sea breeze gently sway everything in its path.

Instant Answers: El Golfo de Santa Clara

Comments

El Golfo de Santa Clara Travel Guide
Map of El Golfo de Santa Clara