Puerto Peñasco Restaurants

Pavlovian response!
  • Inscription from base of
    Inscription from base of "Pescador"...
    The Blue Marlin

Most Recent Restaurants in Puerto Peñasco

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Perico Marinero: (Used to be) The BEST in Town!

by razorbacker Updated Apr 23, 2013

Pavlovian response!

Good, cheap food. Upstairs right on the shoreline. Shaded roof, but open on all sides with cool ocean breezes blowing through. Little kids come through hawking cute carved handicrafts. Different musicians stroll through, playing for donations. Some very nice traditional Mexican music. A very relaxing experience. Great ambience! We eat here at least once everytime we visit. Very recommended. Food comes down quite a few notches since our next-to-last visit: they no longer serve the Tampiqueno, and the other fare is quite average. The view is still good, but l skipped eating there completely on our last visit as the Tampiqueno was what made the meal and experience most memorable. The view and ambience remain though.

Favorite Dish: Tampiqueno - A VERY tender steak with mild green peppers. Yummy!!

I would appreciate an accurate translation of the dedication to the fishermen on the plaque of the "Pescador" statue. The gist is:

"Honors and laurels to those who sacrifice their own interest and without awaiting payment pour out their efforts, recognition to the fisherman." - dedication from Puerto Penasco civil authorities, 1976 - 1979.

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

Restaurant Regina: Good food, friendly service...but now CLOSED!!

by razorbacker Updated Aug 8, 2011

Bright, warm colors INside, too.

Very good seafood and Mexican food at very reasonable prices. Large portions. There's some language barrier there at times, but they try very hard to understand English, and we try very hard to communicate in Spanish. I tell the kids what to say so they can practice and at least make an effort. (Anyone who speaks Spanish and English will have a distinct advantage in the future and throughout their lives.) *** Sorry! This one was out of business on our last visit. Guess they were a little too far out-of-the-way. A shame. It was memorable!

Unfortunately, this restaurant is now CLOSED.

Favorite Dish: All of them are quite delicious.

The Blue Marlin Restaurant and Smokehouse: Return to the Blue Marlin

by razorbacker Updated Aug 8, 2011
    The Blue Marlin

The absolute Gold Standard in our view for the finest food in Puerto Penasco. This is our CERTAIN destination each time we travel south of the border. We headed here our first evening back in Puerto Penasco in a few years (mostly due to the new, ill-advised, crippling U.S. requirement that all U.S. visitors carry passports to travel to Mexico, which has absolutely devastated Puerto Penasco's economy!)
    We were disappointed when Hector Ortega, the genuinely friendly proprietor of the Blue Marlin, told us he was closed (for the first time we've ever known) to cater a wedding that day.
    You can believe we were there the next day though! A genuine pleasure as always. And a great epicurean experience!

Favorite Dish: Brenda and I LOVE the special for two, but it is NOT on the menu. Hector first told us about it. You have to ask, but be SURE you do! It includes a salad and several seafood courses for less than $30. More, more, more than worth it!!!

• light house Restaurant: What a sorry place

by yars1278 Updated May 9, 2011

This restaurant is located in the top of a hill with a very nice view, anyways i went there to propose to my girlfriend, there was a guy playing the guitar and i talk to Armando and the guy playing the guitar i told them about what a special night i was planing, and i ask the guy playing the guitar if he could play a special song when i request him to do so he said ok we sat there enjoy the view they take forever to get our food i went to the restroom and when i comeback the guy playing the guitar was there but not playing any more so when the time to propose come i went and ask him if he could play the song, he said no i have already disconected everything that kind of botner me but nothing was going to ruin my special night with my girlfriend so i proposed and after doing so i went to the owner Armando and told him about what happened he said well he had already finish playing so i said wow this is not that great customer service in a special ocassion like this one and he said oh well, i said do you know what a unsatisfied customer could do then THE OWNER OF THIS PLACE PUSH ME AND SAID GO FUC* YOURSELF i look at him and taught WOW turn around and walk away DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE NICE PLAY SORRY CUSTOMER SERVICE.....

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

El Marlin Azul (The Blue Marlin): La Comida Muy Buena y Deliciosa!

by razorbacker Updated Nov 12, 2009

El Marlin Azul (The Blue Marlin)

Great food, great location, great ambiance, great staff, great experience! We've eaten here on several occasions on several different visits. It's always a pleasure. The owner, Senor Hector Ortega, is a real gentleman and means it when he says, "Bienvenidos! Mi casa es su casa!" Try the un-advertised Blue Marlin special for two, consisting of several courses. We've had it twice and savored it both times. It's a bit more expensive, $29, I believe, but try it, and you won't regret it. Seafood and Mexican both done superbly.

Favorite Dish: It's ALL great, but we like the special for two best. It's not on the menu.

Perico Marinero: Perfect summer day lunch spot

by razorbacker Written Apr 5, 2009
    Perico Marinero from the street

One of my very, VERY favorites! Beautiful spot for lunch on a hot summer day. Upstairs from little Pescadore Plaza. Right above the water. Killer views. Thatched roof. Sides open to the air with cool breezes blowing off the ocean. Don't miss this experience. Mariachis come through frequently. Charming little kids with cute little wooden figurines and brightly-painted earthenware whimsical animal bobble-heads come through even more frequently.

Favorite Dish: My favorite ever was their Tampico steak. Last time I was there they'd stopped serving it, but maybe it'll reappear sometime. If it does, GET IT! In the meantime their simple Mexican and seafood fare is delicious in its own right. I don't think you can go wrong.

Flavio: Food with a View

by razorbacker Written Sep 24, 2007

Street entrance to Flavios.

I concur. Flavio has good food and a good atmosphere...and a great view! Sometimes live performers will take requests, especially from cute girls. Watch out for the seagulls though!

Favorite Dish: I like it all. Quite fond of fish tacos, though.

• Flavio: Good deals, and Great service

by mbtayler Written Sep 12, 2007

I loved being able to sit so close to the ocean, the food was so good. It was cheap, the service was awesome and the drinks are big. When I go back next time, I will be going back for sure!

Favorite Dish: The Devil's Chicken and Devil's Fish are good...but pretty spicy!

• slym5000's Profile Photo

Mickey's: The Best Tequila!

by slym5000 Written Aug 17, 2007

View from the deck upstairs

Right in the downtown area of Rocky Point there is a rooftop restaurant called Mickey's. You can sit outside under a rooftop covering and enjoy the view of the water. The easiest way to locate this restaurant is to listen for music. Chances are you will hear the vocal stylings of a super charming friend of Mickey's.

Mickey is a very friendly and easy going elderly gentleman. He joined my friends and I at our table and produced homemade tequila for us to enjoy. It is the smoothest I have ever tasted.

The food is tasty as well, but what makes the restaurant extra special is Mickey's ambience and homemade tequila.

Favorite Dish: I had the cheese enchiladas. They were very tasty. But I would mostly recommend trying the homemade tequila!

• The Lighthouse: Amazing ambiance

by mrandmrsdevlin Written Apr 7, 2005

We had planned on going to the Friendly Dolphin, as always, because we love the atmosphere (not the food so much); the taxi driver told us to try The Lighthouse for a romantic dinner.
    It was amazing! Not only was the food excellent, but the view and the ambiance were incredible! The live lounge music, candlelight glow, and beautiful backdrop of city lights and ocean breeze set the mood perfectly. It's somewhat expensive, by Mexico standards, but worth every peso!

Favorite Dish: I had a shrimp dish that was phenomenal! The seafood is brought in fresh from ocean daily, and the difference is apparent in the wonderful flavor.
    Nate opted for the steak, and enjoyed that as well. The food was much appreciated after a few days of eating at taco stands!

• snowsk8er's Profile Photo

Flavios: Tasty Food, And Monster Drinks!

by snowsk8er Written May 18, 2004

us with the staff at flavios

Flavios is a nice restaurant located near the fish market. We often visit here because the food is good and the mixed drinks are huge. It is a great place to go during sunset as you sit on the patio overlooking the senic ocean views. The place is cheap and the staff is always friendly and outgoing.

Favorite Dish: I usually get some mexican dish, but haven't met anyone that didn't have a good meal.

The Point: OverSea (of Cortez) dining experience

by razorbacker Written Apr 5, 2009

Fine food in a great setting.

Favorite Dish: Who cares in a setting like this? Mexican food and seafood. Outdoor patios. Best ocean views in town because it's surrounded by the ocean.

• mnhaus's Profile Photo

At your condo: Home cookin' away from home

by mnhaus Written Mar 27, 2005
    ..and then you add the salt...

Based on our results, I'd recommend trying to catch some fish from the Gulf and fry it up at home with some lime and onions. Sure were tasty! (chef may be different than one shown)

Instant Answers: Puerto Peñasco

Comments

Puerto Peñasco Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puerto Peñasco restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Peñasco sightseeing.

View all Puerto Peñasco hotels