Nuevo Laredo Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Nuevo Laredo

• kaluvzmc's Profile Photo

When shopping, remember this...

by kaluvzmc Written Feb 17, 2006

Favorite thing: Sometimes you do not realize, especially if you're a tourist coming into Neuvo Laredo (like I was and I didn't think of this at first either), but the things you buy there are mostly made by poor children who's parents send them on the streets to make an extra couple of dollars to feed their families, buy them clothes, etc. so I think it's okay to buy there stuff, but if you are buying from a small child, make sure to pay them what they deserve because usually they will take whatever they can get.

Fondest memory: The best memory I had from Nuevo Laredo actually comes from my reasoning for writing this tip. I was walking down the main streets and there were so many people with their carts trying to sell you stuff, but there was this one little girl sitting on the curb with a bunch of dolls and I know she was making them herself and she asked me if I would buy one and I asked her how much and she said $1? $2? so I ended up giving her $3 for the doll because I felt so bad for her.

• Brokenwheel's Profile Photo

La Pazza

by Brokenwheel Written Aug 16, 2004

Favorite thing: Well I was only here for a day. I will sum up everything I know with this one tip. The shopping is good and cheap but a lot of street vendors are always shoving things in your face. If you are weak at heart, take some money to give away; there are tons of beggars. Most bars have an open bar policy, you pay like 10 dollars or 90-100 pesos and you drink free all night. Dont drink the water anywhere in Mexico. Buy bottled water instead. The police are corrupt and can be bought off but they will also bust you for BS reasons. carry a hudred bucks or so in case that happens. Guard your wallet from pick-pockets and most of all have fun!

• Singles

Instant Answers: Nuevo Laredo

Comments

Nuevo Laredo Favorites

Reviews and photos of Nuevo Laredo favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nuevo Laredo sightseeing.