Celestùn Restaurants

by poortrekkers
    View of the Gulf
    by poortrekkers
  • Enjoying Ceviche at Chivirico in Celestun, MX
    Enjoying Ceviche at Chivirico in...
    by karenincalifornia

Most Recent Restaurants in Celestùn

• poortrekkers's Profile Photo

La Palapa: Good Food... Great Drinks!

by poortrekkers Written Jun 15, 2008

Drinks at La Palapa

After another unbearably hot day in Mexico, our taste buds and thrust led us to this attractive restaurant on the gulf in Celestun. It is a large open place with the sea breeze liberally blowing through it, and we had a great view of the water from our table. Our cold Pina Colada's really hit the spot. There is a multitude of fresh sea food dishes to choose from on the menu. We had one of their local specialties and some ceviche which was fantastic!

• Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Restaurant Chivirico: Best Seafood

by karenincalifornia Updated Jan 22, 2007

Enjoying Ceviche at Chivirico in Celestun, MX

After our excursion in the Celestun Inlet, we stopped off at Restaurant Chivirico for some lunch. Chivirico had an amazing selection of seafood, cooked a number of different ways. Now, it is really tough being a vegetarian here. I could have ordered an egg and cheese omelet, but that just didn't excite me too much. Before becoming a vegetarian, I loved ceviche. So we ordered a medium (really should have been gargantuan) plate of ceviche five ways. It was piled with shrimp, crab, conch, white fish and I forget what else. Very, very good. If you have to go off the vegetarian bandwagon, this is the way to do it.

While we were there, a street vendor came in peddling panama hats. They looked like pretty good quality so we bought 2 for 100 pesos each. We had no idea if that was a good price, until we were later in a shop in Merida where the store clerk assured us that everyone else was out to cheat us except for him, and he'd sell us panama hats for $150 USD.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Birdwatching

• Redlats's Profile Photo

Seafood restaurants

by Redlats Updated Mar 27, 2006

mmmm good

We ate dinner on two successive days at two of Celestùn's restaurants -- La Playita and Chivirico. Both are good with nice servings and reasonable costs. Hopefully you like seafood, as that seems to be all that is served.

We tried a shrimp cocktail appetizer in one of the restaurants, but I was not impressed. They serve tiny baby shrimp (I would imagine the same ones the flamingos eat), and I guess I was expecting bigger prawns. But the fish-of-the-day or stuffed fish meals were top notch.

Instant Answers: Celestùn

Comments

Celestùn Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Celestùn restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Celestùn sightseeing.