Ruinas Uxmal Restaurants

by dek516
    Café Poquito
    by Kuznetsov_Sergey
  • Hungry diners at Chac-Mool, Santa Elena, MX
    Hungry diners at Chac-Mool, Santa Elena,...
    by karenincalifornia

Most Recent Restaurants in Ruinas Uxmal

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

Café Poquito: At the Maya Ruins

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Feb 11, 2013

Caf�� Poquito

As I had a very rich and varied breakfast buffet in the hotel in Campeche I didn't have a feeling that I was hungry and need a lunch or a dinner that day. The only possibility to have a snack we had when the excursion along the Archaeological Zone was over and we had fifteen minutes before departing to Merida.
    I took a chance of the café where I drank a cup of coffee. It was fine but the special pleasure was to watch tropic surroundings sitting at the table and reminding the details of the excursion around the ruins of Uxmal.
    It was quite enough for me to feel full and ready to continue our trip till the evening.

• Museum Visits

• dek516's Profile Photo

Restaurant at the welcome center

by dek516 Written Mar 22, 2008

Our tour group at lunch

There are limited eating options at Uxmal, although the restaurant at the northeast corner of the welcome center offers very good lunch dishes. I had a traditional dish-- fried tortillas topped with chicken, which was excellent. Prices are somewhat high, given that options are so limited, but not totally unreasonable. Lunch will probably cost around 100 pesos.

Favorite Dish: Fried tortillas with chicken.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Chac-Mool: Outstanding Yucatecan Food

by karenincalifornia Written Jan 21, 2007

Hungry diners at Chac-Mool, Santa Elena, MX

We wanted to eat at the outdoor restaurant at Uxmal famed for its regional food, but they didn't open until 1pm, and we were ready to get on the road at noon. Sometimes it is a good thing that the restaurant you wanted is not open. We headed northeast to Santa Elena, and ate at a small cafe called Chac-Mool. This is a small, homey local restaurant. It would be very easy to pass it up, but don't. We had our best meal of our entire trip here.

Favorite Dish: The papadzules were outstanding. Papadzules are handmade corn tortillas rolled around ground pumpkin seeds and spices, topped with a tomato and a pumpkin seed sauce, and a crumbled hard boiled egg.

• Archeology

• pollon's Profile Photo

pollon's Restaurant Tip

by pollon Written Oct 4, 2002

don't think (I did) the restaurant at the ruins is too expensive only because there is no showed menu, nor price and no people sitting at their tables... it has reasonable prices and to eat in a cooler place with such a hot, sultry weather is worth the small difference in price... I ordered the huevo mexicano, without knowing its ingredients ;-) but it was a nice surprise: an egg on the sunny side served with ham, peas, tomatoes, the mexican typical mashed black beans, crispy tortillas and slices of fried bananas... yummy...

Instant Answers: Ruinas Uxmal

Comments

Ruinas Uxmal Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ruinas Uxmal restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ruinas Uxmal sightseeing.