Saint-Pierre Shopping

• BlaineandPat's Profile Photo

The St Pierre Mall

by BlaineandPat Written May 7, 2006
    Da mall, Da mall

You won't realize it's there unless you're told - but there's a small mall within walking distance of downtown.

It's a good place to buy snacks - something we actually had difficulty finding on a Sunday afternoon when everything was closed

it's atthe far end of the harbour, behind the Francoforum
    I'm not certain what the Francoforum is exactly, but it's motto is "Where learning French extends far beyond the classroom"

Perhaps all the way to France?

What to buy: There's a grocery and a hardware store

• BlaineandPat's Profile Photo

Buy the "Spruce" wine

by BlaineandPat Written May 7, 2006

There's a small shop downtown on the main street heading up the up the hill from the harbour. It sells locally produced items (And there really aren't many of those). This includes locally made "wines". but.....this is deep in the heart of some very, very cold islands. This isn't normal wine. I imagine it's closest to what "bathtub gin" was during prohibition.

What to buy: Worst (or most intriguing) of the local products is the "Spruce" wine. They'll let you sample it. I didn't buy any and now I wish I had. It was NASTY. Like drinking Pine-Sol. You could clean your toilet with it. But it would be GREAT to drag out at parties. "Here - try this. There are French people up near Canada who make wine from TREES!" I missed my chance, but don't miss yours. I doubt there's an export market for it.

It even had little pieces of pine needle floating around in it. You would need to be a serious alcoholic to stomach a "Pine and Coke"

Instant Answers: Saint-Pierre

Comments

Saint-Pierre Shopping

Reviews and photos of Saint-Pierre shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint-Pierre sightseeing.