How to learn speaking the Southern America "language"
A laugh sensation by Steve Mitchell and a dedication to all the Yankees in the hope that it will teach them how to talk right
-Some examples :
- Jevver : means did you ever " Jevver hear anything so dumb in your life ?"
- Jew : means did you " Jew want to buy that commic book son, or just stand here and read it here ?"
- Etlanna and Bumminham : means "Atlanta and Birmingham"
- Jawja : Southern State just north of Florida (Georgia- THX REX): "Sherman burnt Etlanna when he marched through Jawja! "
- Drank : means to consume a liquid "You want a drank of this Co-Cola ?"
- Cheer : A piece of furniture used for setting "Pull up a cheer and set a spell !"
- Whirr : means where "Whirr you goin ?"
- Yankee : means anyone who is not from Southern America "Momma, can a yankee go to heaven ?" - "Don't ask foolish questions son, of course not."
- A Yankee shot : A s.child's navel : " Momma what's this on my belly?" - "That's where the Yankee shot you"
Please note that entering or leaving the US is an issue of severe controls.
A few questions of the security officers at the airport of departure - a severe radar control at arrival - put your shoes in the luggage box as well - fingerprints and a photo of your smiling face at the entrance of the US - those prints and picture must match whenever leaving this state of bees and honey.
Slogan : Keep America's doors open and their Nation secure. I think they are right.
PS : This picture is not the official in/out immigration pass through - so please do not duplicate - it has no sense
Be prepared for friendly people who like to smile at and talk to strangers. You won't be a stranger long in Birmingham! We chat it up with everyone. You will find that everyone will bend over backwards to give directions, advice or just "visit" as we say. Visitors to our city often comment on our southern hospitality. It's alive and well in Birmingham.