Birmingham Restaurants

• Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Birmingham

Continental Cafe: Best Cheesecake

Cozy in the corner of Continental Cafe

Tried both the plain and the marble cheesecake. The marble was pretty good; the plain supreme! Super waitstaff; day-old bread is half-price. Cozy atmosphere with dark red walls and mosaic tabletops.

Favorite Dish: Dessert: Plain cheesecake, costs just under $3. Sandwich: Cream cheese and olive (they'll add turkey for a small fee).

• Women's Travel

Safari Coffee Cup: Best Quiche To Ever Touch My Tongue

by lisa_lise Updated Jun 30, 2004

Owned by a mellow, friendly South African man. First floor is cafe furnished with African-inspired chairs and tables. Vaulted ceiling and huge store-front windows give an airy, elegant feel. Second floor is a gallery featuring art by local talented high school students. The stars of the menu are the Kalahari Quiche and the chai (which comes in 4 flavors).

Favorite Dish: Kalahari Quiche, which comes with either mushrooms or sausage. I got mushroom and my friend got sausage. Accompanied by mediocre pasta salad, but the quiche is moist and amazing. My friend loves their chai. Wild berry smoothie was icy and not worth eating.

• Study Abroad

Nabeel's Cafe: Chicken Slouvaki and Fried Pita Bread

by lisa_lise Updated Jun 30, 2004

Good chicken slouvaki, which was chunks of seasoned grilled chicken and ripe red tomotoes in a creamy, zesty cucumber sauce, all wrapped in pita bread. Can choose from about 10 breads, including focaccia. Also tried the muffaletta sandwich. It was good, but I'm very picky and I've honestly had the best muffaletta in my hometown (San Antonio). Fried pita bread chips accompany all sandwiches--yum--remind me of fried wonton strips. Don't bother with caramel crisp cake, which is alternating layers of pecan merangue and caramel cake. Top layer was delicious; bottom layer dry and crumbly.

Favorite Dish: Chicken slouvaki was my favorite of the two I tried, and the waiter said it was one of their most popular. The only flaw was the chicken was not as tender as I would've liked, but it was still well-seasoned. The best thing about the sandwich was the zesty cucumber sauce, which is refreshing in summer.

• Business Travel
    • Women's Travel

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

The Wedding Chapel: A Tea Room Luncheon is a MUST down South!

by RhondaRuth Updated Jul 10, 2003

Wedding Chapel & Teahouse

We had lunch here after seeing the Designer's ShowHouse. It was a lovely lunch too! Tea Room or Victorian Tea Houses are very popular down south. Of course it a "ladies thing" right? I loved it and would love to go again.

Favorite Dish: I had the Veriety Salad Plate and it was delicious.
    I was pleased with what I got (no regrets)!

• I have several favorite...

by Becky_A. Written Sep 2, 2002

I have several favorite restaurants. The Highland Market for outdoor casual dining and people watching. Kobe Steak House for Japanese and Sushi, Surin West for great Thai food, The Pancake House for breakfast, Arman's for fine dining, and Taj India for great curry. There are too many.

Instant Answers: Birmingham

Comments

Birmingham Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Birmingham restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Birmingham sightseeing.