Birmingham Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Birmingham

• MatthewMetcalfe's Profile Photo

Dive at Blue Water Adventures

by MatthewMetcalfe Written Jul 30, 2006

Located just south of Birmingham Alabama in Pelham is Alabama Bluewater Adventures. It's a large quarry that is used for diving now. Maximum Depth is around 150'. There are several training platforms, old car bodies, boats, and a couple of Firetrucks. There are also some concrete pipes to traverse. And a toilet that I'd love to have a shot of someone sitting on.

The water is supposed to be pretty clear in the morning but by the time we got there the visibility was about 20'. It's a busy place with a lot of people coming and going so it's not surprising.

This was my first quarry dive and I thought it was pretty interesting to look at all of the stuff lying around. Not a lot of fish life and most of it was right around the dock. There could be more that we just couldn't see. It's a very large area.

This is a very good site for all sorts of training.

Equipment: On our visit the water for the first 25 feet was about 85 degrees. After that is dropped dramatically. At 80 feet it was too cold to hang around and I had a full 3mm suit with boots, gloves, and a 3/5 hood. It was seriously cold. There were a lot of divers in Dry suits as well who were probably going extremely deep.

• Diving and Snorkeling

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Peppers 90 - or was it 60?

by Luchonda Updated Oct 15, 2005
    Pepper and salt

Room on the 14th floor - watching locals and TV - my personel inside guide to have fun
    And guess what the most popular sport is ? Sport WATCHING of course - with a good glass of local beer ( Good????)

Equipment: A good glass of Co-Cola - local beers or just imported stuff from the attendants of the convention
    - SA and their local made Cognac - Richelieu
    - The Mexicans with their Tequila
    - The Canadians with the local cooled beers - "Be Wiser" or was it "Budweiser"
    - The Belgians with their "SPA" - local mineral WATER

• Adventure Travel
    • Beer Tasting
    • Business Travel

• RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

College Sports are big here!

by RhondaRuth Updated May 12, 2003

College
    High School
    Jr. High or Elementary
    Little Leagues
    Pee-wees
    or a neighborhood "pick-up" game...

Where ever you find a game, you'll find enthusiasts and devoted parents there!

But I think this is something that happens world wide. Since my kids grew up, I lost interest, but I understand it and if I know someone playing I can still enjoy a good game!

Instant Answers: Birmingham

Comments

Birmingham Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Birmingham sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Birmingham sightseeing.