Gulf Shores Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Gulf Shores

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Godfather's Pizza: Unsuccessful Take-Out

by grandmaR Written Jan 3, 2006

Bob went into Bruces' Supermarket which was next door and sent me into Godfather's Pizza to get some take-out for dinner. They had a sign on the door that said there was no longer a buffet. Not only did the pizza take longer to make than they said, and longer than it took Bob to shop, but as he pointed out, it would have been cheaper to buy a pizza at the market and probably quicker to cook it too.

Favorite Dish: I got a specialty pizza with a thick crust ($1.00 more). Half was bacon cheeseburger which had crumbled meat, bacon and cheese along with pickle slices on top (a bizare idea IMHO) and the other half was Hawaian which had pineapple bits, ham, green pepper and bacon. Most of the previous times I've had Hawaian it was just ham and pineapple. They could have left off the green pepper IMHO. Bob didn't like either of them, and I wasn't all that thrilled with them either. I also got bread sticks, which I liked.

Breadsticks $2.99 Specialty Pizza Salad Bar Sizes of pans Counter and menus

The Outrigger: Bisque on the Bay

by cryofthecelt Written Feb 15, 2004

The Outrigger is situated right on the bay and offers fine dine-in food. For a fancier dinner, try The Outrigger. You won't regret it.

Favorite Dish: Seafood bisque. The Outrigger offers delicious seafood bisque, straight from the Gulf. This makes for a tastefully creamy and satisfying appetizer or light meal.

Their fried crab claws are also quite tasty. They make for a great appetizer as well.

Sea -n- Suds: Good Food, Great View

by cryofthecelt Written Feb 15, 2004

Sea -n- Suds is located on the beach at Gulf Shores. And I mean ON THE BEACH. This place has been destroyed by hurricanes several times because it's so frickin' close to the ocean. I mean, the waves practically rush underneath the stilts of the resteraunt as you're eating. That's how awesome this place is! Plus, it's located right off the boardwalk, which makes it a perfect lunch spot after a morning out on the beach.

Favorite Dish: Fish sandwich. These guys make great fried fish sandwiches, hot on a bun with fresh tartar sauce and plump, golden french fries. The beautiful seaside atmosphere makes a regular old fish sandwich seem like a dinner fit for a king. Delicious.

Ribs & Reds: It's Raining Buckets...of Shrimp

by cryofthecelt Written Feb 15, 2004

Ribs & Reds has been a family favorite for many, many years. Every year we go to the beach, and every year we eat at Ribs & Reds at least once. It's located in a pink stilted building across from the beach. Shrimp (reds) comes steamed and seasoned in a big bucket, and the ribs come slathered in barbecue sauce straight from the grill. That's some good southern seafood eatin'!

Favorite Dish: Ribs & Reds. A slab of ribs and a bucket of reds (shrimp), after which the resteraunt is named, makes for the best dish. Very succulent. You can suck the shrimp seasoning right out of the shell after you eat the meat - butter and all. Good stuff. REALLY good stuff.

• kadelia's Profile Photo

The Beach Club Restaurant: The Sweet Potato chips...aahhhh!

by kadelia Written Nov 20, 2003

Located in the Beach Club resort, this fine restaurant highlights local "catch of the day" into fantastic meals that do not disappoint. Their freshly mad sweet potato chips I have dreamed about inbetween visits!

• Jmill42's Profile Photo

Calpyso's: Crabmeat Gazpacho's... 'nuf said

by Jmill42 Written Nov 22, 2002

The crabmeat gazpacho's are really good. I had never heard of such a thing, and being the risktaker that I am, I went for it. I advise you do the same. Really good. My friend got a hamburger, that he said was really good, and it was massive!

Favorite Dish: Crabmeat Gazpacho

• kel_e's Profile Photo

1. The Spot2. McGuire's Irish...

by kel_e Written Oct 5, 2002

1. The Spot
    2. McGuire's Irish Pub (in Pensacola)
    3. Pink Pony Pub
    4. Hazel's (for breakfast- actually in Orange Beach, I think)
    The Spot is a little nicer... not a barefoot and bikini type place like the others. Very good food. We always went here for my birthday every year.
    The Pink Pony will take you in off the beach for some good music and good bar food.
    McGuire's.... Hmmmm, where do I start? This is a place you have to see for yourself! A very fun place!! Many famous people have been here. Beware of the bathrooms!! (they are clean and nice- but tricky!)

Favorite Dish: Nothing special- I have a limited diet, and I am allergic to fish. I just eat burgers, salads, margaritas, and whatever.
    I have heard the Gumbo and Shrimp are great wherever you go.

• Really like casual and good...

by ybilliesue Written Oct 4, 2002

Really like casual and good food. Papparoccos is the best. The steamer and The camp were also very good.
    Small town atmosphere and safety with all music and fun you can have. Especially during the shrimp fest.

Favorite Dish: No doubt about it, oysters and big reds!

• ABL1958's Profile Photo

ABL1958's Restaurant Tip

by ABL1958 Written Oct 4, 2002

This restaurant caught our eye simply because of the fun name 'A wok on the beach'. I thought it was funny, anyway. And it's typical of so many of the little eateries around there...unique in one way or the other!

• ABL1958's Profile Photo

The Spot

by ABL1958 Written Oct 4, 2002

The Spot
    I apologize for this picture being so dark. The restaurant is raised like so many of the buildings along the coast because of the likelihood of storm surges, but that fact also gave you a better view of the ocean....and on that night, the full moon!

Favorite Dish: I know what I ate was fish and it was delicious!!! I believe it was catfish...but Paul may need to correct me. I remember that the ambience of the place was wonderful, the company was great, the scenery beautiful! The service here was prompt and courteous in that great southern style. If it was a warmer evening we would have eaten out on the deck overlooking the beach and the ocean, as that was an option. I recommend this place to anyone visiting Gulf Shores!

Instant Answers: Gulf Shores

Comments

Gulf Shores Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Gulf Shores restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Gulf Shores sightseeing.