Orange Beach Restaurants

• TravellerMel's Profile Photo

Shipp's Harbour Grill: Shipp's Harbour Grill for Fresh Local Seafood

by TravellerMel Written Feb 1, 2014
    Shipp's Harbour Grill

My friends and I had a lovely winter lunch here - it is one of their favorite restaurants. The restaurant is lovely, and as you can see from the photos, it looks out over the boats in the harbor. There is outside seating when the weather is nice, but we opted for the inside, since it was coolish in January. I had the turtle soup as an appetizer, and it was very tasty, but I preferred my friend's Oyster Crostini, which was beautiful AND delicious. My main course was the jumbo lump crab cakes with peach chutney, which was yummy. My companion had the grouper taco, and she really enjoyed that. For dessert, I had the crème brulèe and my companion had the Key Lime Pie - we were both satisfied with our selections. Our waiter was personable and attentive. We all really enjoyed our lunch here - I would love to go back when it is warmer, sit outside at sunset and drink some of the pretty boat drinks they serve at the bar. Happy times! :-)

• Hermanater's Profile Photo

Wintzell's Oyster House: Mmmmmm Oysters

by Hermanater Written Oct 19, 2011

This was just off the highway and my wife really wanted oysters. It was about 2:00 so we had a late lunch. We knew that this is a chain resturant but decided to try it. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Favorite Dish: Oyster's Rockefeller and shrimp Po'boy

The Po'boy was alright but the oysters were GREAT.

• Geno's Fresh Catch Grill in Ocean Beach, AL: This could just be THE worst restaurant - period!

by miss_planit Written Jun 27, 2009

This restaurant has horrible, severely overpriced food and a very rude staff! I can't tell enough people to avoid this place.

If you are misfortunate enough to actually complain about the food or service to the staff or "chef" ( if you can call him that), you will be ignored, given excuses, belittled, or called - and I quote : " an A-HOLE". This person has a serious mental problem!

There are plenty of other places to get a extremely good meal in Ocean Beach Alabama. Don't make the mistake I made by trying this place.

Favorite Dish: Nothing I can say good about this place!

• always1ontime's Profile Photo

One of Many -- List: Where to eat in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach

by always1ontime Written Aug 12, 2008

Okay, if you really want to know where to eat in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach check out GulfShores.com and OrangeBeach.com. There is a list of about 85 places to eat ranging from fast food to five star fine dining. Check it out. Some of the restaurants have Web sites of their own and, if you don’t want to search the whole list, you can search for keywords like “pasta” or “crab legs.”

• Geno's fresh catch grill: Worse customer service, EVER!!!!

by turtle51 Written May 30, 2008

The only thing at sticks out to me is the horrible customer service I received last night at dinner! Both the restaurant manager and the chef actually came to my table to argue with me, the customer!, that I was wrong for sending back a steak which I found to be overcooked! I left very hungry and even more angry. To top it off on our way out of the restaurant the wait staff was talking, very loudly, about how they were going to take my f****ing steak and stab it in the middle of the table and say, b***h is it rare enough now?

Favorite Dish: I defaintly wouldn't recommend ordering the steak

• Water Sports
    • Beaches
    • Fishing

• The Shrimp Basket: Ok to go here straight from the beach

by myca99 Written May 15, 2007

We liked this place, but it's really casual and it's pretty much one big open room. We went there on a recommendation for my Mom's birthday and it was too casual for a birthday. But it was really good food. Save it for a night when you don't want to worry about getting cleaned up to go to dinner.

Favorite Dish: They have an all-you-can-eat shrimp special on Sundays for $10 and it's great shrimp.

• The Original Oyster House: Don't miss the Shrimp Florentine

by myca99 Written May 15, 2007

This was the best meal we had in Orange Beach. We waited about an hour and it was well worth it. The restaurant is adjacent to shops so you can browse while you wait. It's a casual place with dark paneling on the walls and captain's chairs at the tables.

Favorite Dish: I highly recommend the Shrimp Florentine. It is shrimp stuffed with spinach and parmesan cheese. I miss it already.

• LuLu's Bait Shack: Great ambiance, plain food

by myca99 Written May 15, 2007

LuLu's is Jimmy Buffet's sister, and parrot heads will love this seafood shack situated on the Intracoastal Waterway. The property has a huge sand lot that makes it easy to entertain the little ones while you wait. The restaurant is open and airy and definitely has parrot head appeal. There was live music later in the night, earlier in the night they broadcast American Idol on all the TV's and over the speakers.

Overall, the ambiance is really fun, but the food is lackluster. Mostly sandwiches and fries. They aren't bad, but we were hoping for seafood platters and stuff like that.

Favorite Dish: I had the Cheeseburger in paradise. Like I said, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that special. About $9.

Instant Answers: Orange Beach

Comments

Orange Beach Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Orange Beach restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Orange Beach sightseeing.