Pelham Travel Guide

Pelham Things to Do

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

by butterflykizzez04 Written Mar 17, 2014

On Sunday, March 9th, Tony and I stopped at Oak Mountain State Park outside of Birmingham, AL. The park is so lovely. We stopped at the front gate and asked the Park Ranger for directions to the Peavine Falls that is located in the park.
    This park is very lovely. There is a beach, hiking, picnic tables and gorgeous overlooks on the mountain tops. I really enjoyed this park and I would love to go back there again. The park entrance fee was $5 for the car..not per person. Great day and lovely weather. — at Oak Mountain State Park.

Gorgeous lake with picnic tables/grills
    • Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

• butterflykizzez04's Profile Photo

by butterflykizzez04 Written Mar 16, 2014

Sunday, March 9th, Tony and I drove the 20 miles north to Oak Mountain State Park to see the Peavine Falls. We had to hike out and even do a little rock mountain climbing to lower ourselves down to the top of the falls. I even had to lean out on some rocks to take pictures.. This was a very hard climb and my heart was really pumping on this hike but it felt good. The falls were lovely.

• National/State Park
    • Hiking and Walking

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

by Sassy417 Written Nov 16, 2003

Oak Mountain State Park, elev. 460'. 9,940 acres of parkland, scenic drive up atop a beatiful mountain in Pelham, Al. We saw several deer running in the fields once we approached the entrance to the state park.

Pelham Hotels

• Sleep Inn Pelham

200 Southgate Drive, Pelham, AL, 35124

Satisfaction: Excellent

• Ramada Limited Birmingham/Pelham

113 Cahaba Valley Park East, I-65 Exit 246, Pelham, Alabama, 35124, United States

Satisfaction: Average

260 Cahaba Valley Road, , Pelham, AL 35124

Satisfaction: Average

Good for: Couples

• Quality Inn

This place was brand new. Just off I-65, exit 246 and so convenient on our trip. This was our...

• Travelodge Birmingham Pelham

410 Oak Mountain Circle, , Pelham, AL 35124

Satisfaction: Terrible

Good for: Couples

Pelham Restaurants

• by Hoosierustraveler Written Feb 7, 2009

Over the years, Cracker Barrel (in my opinion) has gone considerably downhill in quality of food. However, this location has a cook/manager who remembers what it was like when they started! Biscuits were outstanding! I have dreaded going to a CB for breakfast last 10 years or so, but would frequent this one anytime in the area!

Favorite Dish: Breakfast

• Seniors

• Sassy417's Profile Photo

by Sassy417 Written Nov 16, 2003

Local residents gave us thumbs up for this dining pleasure. The name alone is amusingly strange, thus, we chose to try it out during our stay in Pelham. Quite the busy little place. Nice setting, good ambience, but loud at times due to the crowd. However, food was tasty and we filled up fast. Service was nice too.

Favorite Dish: Ordered from menu, shrimp, smashed potatoes, garlic bread and salad. Sweet tea and took dessert to motel to eat. Lemon pie. Rustic decor, tin celing, southern hospitality.

• Pelham Hotels

7 Hotels in Pelham

Instant Answers: Pelham

Comments

Pelham Travel Guide
Map of Pelham