Places to eat in Alabama

by Basaic
    Zazu Gastropub
    by Basaic

Most Viewed Restaurants in Alabama

• Island Time Cafe: Succulent cuisine!!

by Skoor Written Apr 23, 2003

We were searching for a place to eat when we came across this cute little hut. There were tables outside. The owner or manager was sitting at one of these tables and greeted us as we walked in. Our waitress was wonderful. She brought our children's entrees out while we were eating our salads. I have never seen such thoughtfulness before. The food was superb, Our steaks were generously cut and melted in our mouths. The gumbo was awesome. The stuffed shrimp and stuffed crab were scrumpious! My favorite was the grouper, it was succulent! Everyone was very pleasant. This is the best food I have ever eaten. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Dish: I definately loved the grouper. It had a golden breading and the flavor was undescribeable.
    The gumbo and the steak were incredibly delicious also.

• JKSmithPE's Profile Photo

Rosies Mexican Cantina: EAT AT Rosies

by JKSmithPE Written Dec 8, 2002

My wife, (an Austin Texas gal) and I agree that this is the best Mexican food outside of Texas. We get into all sorts of discussions over what kind of chesse belongs on an enchillada etc.

Favorite Dish: Combination #10, Tamale an a cheese enchilada, sweet tea and some chips.

• SouthJersey's Profile Photo

The South Side restaurant...

by SouthJersey Written Aug 26, 2002

The South Side restaurant enjoys covered parking. The dining room has about 8 tables, with a TV blaring for company. Order at the window that overlooks the former garage bays, and watch your hamburger being freshly prepared. Mine was surprisingly good.

• mikem's Profile Photo

Wolf Bay Lodge in Elberta...

by mikem Written Aug 25, 2002

Wolf Bay Lodge in Elberta Alabama (on the Wolf Bay of course on the Gulf)
    A local hangout, folks have been eating there for years. They have been there more than 40 years (my mother-in-law) ate there more than 40 years ago.
    Very excellent seafood.

Favorite Dish: Seafood (my favorite is the Gulf shrimp, but all the fish is freshly caught).

• Priddylady's Profile Photo

Wings and Dreamland Bar-B-Q: Wings and Dreamland Bar-B-Q

by Priddylady Written Aug 24, 2002

Both restaurants are priced about the same as others in their areas. Wings has an BAMA motif since the owner played football at the University of Alabama. You have to see Dreamland to believe the atmosphere and decor.

Favorite Dish: Wings serves Buffle wings to die for. Dreamland has wonderful ribs. In Tuscaloosa ribs and bread, possible some chips are the entire menu. In Birmingham they have added potato salad, slaw, & baked beans.

• DrewV's Profile Photo

Bubba's in Gluf Shores. Yeah,...

by DrewV Updated Aug 24, 2002

Bubba's in Gluf Shores. Yeah, I know it sounds terrible and looks cheezy as hell, but the fresh-caught shrimp, steamed and seasoned to perfection, more than make up for it. And it's reasonably priced!

Alabama Hotels

Tuskegee Hotels
19 Reviews - 41 Photos
Point Clear Hotels

Instant Answers: Alabama

Comments

Alabama Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Alabama restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Alabama sightseeing.
Map of Alabama