Sylvan Springs Travel Guide

Sylvan Springs Local Customs

by RhondaRuth Updated Jan 18, 2005

Like everywhere I've ever been, gardeners love to share what they grow when they have plenty. I grew lots of tomatoes & summer squash and would share with a friend who had no garden space. And I find it's like this most everywhere I've been when someone is lucky enough to have space for a garden. Bill even likes to share in the "weed picking" ... it's like theropy he says.
    Ha, I've picked plenty of weeds.

Having a garden is what I miss more than anything since we've been renting. Hopefully, that will change someday soon.

Sylvan Springs Warnings and Dangers

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

Have a place like a "storm shelter" to go to and learn what the signals are so that you know what they mean and what to do.

Altho, it 's a quiet community, like any place else, it has it's dangers. Just beware of your surroundings and what procedures to follow when an emergency arises.

Sylvan Springs Tourist Traps

Who me?

by RhondaRuth Updated May 1, 2003

If you're found raiding the birdfeeders there'll be a trap set just for you ...

You're going to get caught!

Don't worry, this guy was caught in a LIVE trap, as you see, and he was released miles from here to start a new life!

Unique Suggestions: Relax and eat the treat (and the bowl it's in) while you're waiting to be found in the morning.

Fun Alternatives: Don't worry, we'll find you a good home up in the hills!

Sylvan Springs Off The Beaten Path

Just up the road.

by RhondaRuth Updated Apr 4, 2011

It's a small town community. Laid back, quiet and a good place to raise a family just outside of Birmingham.

Sylvan Springs Favorites

by RhondaRuth Written May 1, 2003

Favorite thing: Those wonderful Southern meals are at the top of the list along with good conversation with terrific people. First time we all met (other than Ruth & I online) and it was like we've known each other for years.

Fondest memory: The roses, home cook southern meals, sitting with our feet up on the porch, trying to catch a picture of the birds at the feeders (which I never did get), and making new good friends that I hope will last a lifetime!

Instant Answers: Sylvan Springs

Comments

Sylvan Springs Travel Guide
Map of Sylvan Springs