Simon and Seaforts, Anchorage

Watch for This Sign
  • Simon and Seaforts: ALASKAN SEAFOOD!! and best view

by extremist Updated Apr 4, 2011

Seafood

I just ate at Simons last night, and took home my leftover Filet Mignon Bleu Cheese Steak, w/mashed portatoes and side of steamed vegetables, they serve a lovely loaf of fresh baked bread, the booths are comfortable, the view is spectacular!! When I crave Seafood, I think of Simon and Seaforts first. The service is immaculate, food arrives at just the right time...

Favorite Dish: Well, they have a nice selection of Fresh Seafood to select from, Salmon, crab, halibut and shrimp.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Best Seafood and a stunning ocean view

by RickinDutch Updated Jul 9, 2008

Now that's a Sunset!

This was our special occasion restaurant when we lived in Anchorage and we still enjoy coming when we are passing through the big city. A great place to dine well and enjoy the sunset. This is a very popular restaurant and watering hole. Reservations are a must, especially on weekends. If you don't make a reservation, you have a chance of a table in the bar area.

The dining room is large, airy and somtimes noisy with large windows overlooking Cook Inlet and Sleeping Lady across the way.

The wine list is deep and the single malt scotch list and locally brewed beer choices are unsurpassed in Anchorage.

Both the bar and the restaurant are smoke free. Bar does a brisk business all the time, but especially with the after work crowd.

Bar is open Mon-Fri 11A to midnight, Saturday 4P to midnight.
    Restaurant is open for lunch Mon-Fri, 11AM to 2:30PM, Dinner seven days a week 5PM to 10PM.

Favorite Dish: Grilled center cut NY Steak with asparagus, mashed potatoes and crispy onion strings. $34.95.
    Dessert : Burnt creame

My wife loves their seafood selections.

• Thomas_akman's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Leads me to wonder

by Thomas_akman Written Aug 26, 2005

I have eaten here over the years many times. Normally as part of a Group. Because after the first couple of times I was convinced that I could do better.

Staff was not friendly and food was bland and disappointing. The price was inflated especially for the European size servings.

Favorite Dish: Reading the other reviews I wonder if they are all employees.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Great Alaska Dinner House

by AlbuqRay Updated Sep 15, 2007

Watch for This Sign

Simon and Seafort's is one of the finest restaurants in Anchorage. This is a restaurant that totally lived up to its reputation. SpringPrincess and Extremist really picked a great place for our VT meet on my last night in Alaska. We had to wait a little (even with a reservation) but we got a booth near the west windows. The view was spectacular. Since the restaurant sits above Elderberry Park, it is the same view but you are up higher. The service was excellent, although there was a spilled wine accident (some things just happen). Just one thing though; Simon and Seafort's is not your budget diner. Most entrees will run $25-$40.

Favorite Dish: I picked their award-winning crab- and macadamia nut-stuffed halibut. It was delicious. Not only was the seafood excellent, Extremist thought her prime rib was very tasty. For dessert I had creme brulee and fruit cobbler (yes, I had two desserts). Well, out of the kindness of my heart I helped SpringPrincess finish her creme brulee.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Don't miss the Tower of Prawns

by vichatherly Updated Apr 4, 2011

Downtown Anchorage Totem Poles

This was a great seafood restaurant, but it also does Steaks and Poultry.

Don't be put off by the less than distinguished entrance, being inside a downtown office building because the views of the Cook Inlet are excellent. Also don’t be scared of having to wait in the bar area because the bar staff are great and you can even order you starters at the bar if you like and the then go onto your table for the main course and desserts when it becomes available.

This sounded a bit strange to me at the time but it worked out really well. This may have been the starter we ordered, the Prawn Tower, was very simple to eat at the bar.

The bar itself boasts the largest range of whiskeys in Anchorage and it looked like they were true to their word.

This place is well worth going to for a treat and I just wish it was a bit closer so I could visit again sometime soon.

Favorite Dish: I went for the Salmon and my girlfriend, Nic, went for the Halibut, which was spectacular!

Desert was a fruit cobbler with ice cream to share, and boy did you need to share it!

• cfuentesm's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Simon and Seaforts

by cfuentesm Updated Apr 4, 2011

Simon and Seaforts

Anchorage's best restaurant! This is the best seafood in the world. And at the same time, you can enjoy a magnificent view of Anchorage's waters and with some good luck, a couple of belugas will visit you.

• masonbryant's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Good Seafood not worth the money

by masonbryant Written Jan 13, 2006

We took our friends to this restaurant as a thank you for housing us for a couple of weeks. Though it is good seafood, it is not worth the price. Unless you have a lot of extra money to kill, don't bother. However, if you do, the food is quite nice.

• klj&a's Profile Photo

Simon & Seaforts: Simon & Seaforts

by klj&a Written Jun 7, 2008

Started out rocky seating us near back even though we requested a table with a view and made reservation more than two weeks in advance and a very early seating(5:00pm). They did recover my moving us near the window for a beautiful view of Cook Inlet. The service was accomodating and attentive. I had a mojito, which believe it or not was the best I've ever had. Yes, in Alaska! For the price, the food was just okay. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have gotten the fresh halibut or salmon. I just wasn't in the mood for fish. The front of the restaurant is very non-descript. It would be hard to find if you didn't know about it.

View = A
    Service = A
    Food= B
    Drinks = A

Favorite Dish: Bison Steak with Jalapeno Butter & baked beans.

• worldtrekker's Profile Photo

Simon and Seafort's Saloon and Grill: Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!

by worldtrekker Updated Oct 15, 2002

This restaurant has a very nice atmosphere with a great view of Cook Inlet. This is especially impressive at sunset. The food is all of the highest quality.

Favorite Dish: I was only here once and had salmon. DELICIOUS!

• deenie169's Profile Photo

Simon & Seaforts: Great Service!

by deenie169 Written Feb 22, 2011

The view is fantastic! Our group of 18 dined here Valentine's Day. We all agreed that the food was very good.
    What's best about this place is the service! The servers were very accomodating. Our food came out fresh & hot, timed closely so that we could all enjoy dinner together.

I was very pleased and would go to this restaurant again, if I return to Anchorage.

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the steak with blue cheese, served with squash and potatoes. Vegetables done to perfection (but a fairly small portion.) The blue cheese was mixed into a sauce, which was rather heavy, and served with the steak. I would rather have just plain blue cheese, and would order it that way next time or just have fish.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Simon and Seaforts: Great seafood and martinis

by goingsolo Written Oct 14, 2002

has a nice view of the water. The seafood, of course, is excellent. Also, try the green apple martinis.

Instant Answers: Anchorage

Comments

Hotels Near Simon and Seaforts
4.5 out of 5 stars