Chena Hot Springs Warnings and Dangers

• kaloz's Profile Photo

I was so mad . . . this makes no sense

by kaloz Written Feb 28, 2003

Activities Center

When we checked in, we were told that the pool/locker room building and the rock pool close at midnight!! Geez, we come to see the northern lights, and they close the joint at peak viewing time!!! "Well" the guy says, "you could jump the fence and go in the rock pool, but you'll have to walk back to your lodge in your wet things". The lady the next morning made the mistake of asking me how everything was, I told her what I thought. It is just stupid. STOOOOPID!!!

• Spa and Resort
    • Adventure Travel

• kaloz's Profile Photo

Look before you sit.

by kaloz Written Feb 28, 2003

Pretty . . . Gross!!!

I don't recommend using the outhouses, I cannot emphasize this enough, I don't recommend using the outhouses. They look very nice, but everyone of them had poop on the seat, like the last user was afraid to sit and missed the hole. Totally Gross!!!! Real Alaskans go in the woods anyway and wipe our butts with snow. (haha) Use the toilet in the lodge.

Gretchen is a real trooper and posed for this photo, but did not come anywhere close to sitting down, ah, the magic of film.

• Trains
    • Adventure Travel
    • Spa and Resort

Instant Answers: Chena Hot Springs

Comments

Chena Hot Springs Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Chena Hot Springs warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chena Hot Springs sightseeing.

View all Chena Hot Springs hotels