Chicken Restaurants

Chicken Creek Cafe
    by Stephen-KarenConn

Most Recent Restaurants in Chicken

• auroragal's Profile Photo

Chicken Creek Outpost: Italian food in Chicken? si, infatti!

by auroragal Written Nov 11, 2006

Chicken Gold Camp & Outpost

This place rocks...and, yes, there is more than one place in Chicken. Stopped in Chicken and almost got sucked in...neat little town. I ate lunch, and breakfast the next morning, and ate good both times. For lunch, I had a roast beef/provolone/pesto/roasted red pepper panini and yummie brocoli soup. And an Italian soda! In Chicken! You guys eating cheese burgers at the other place probably "clucked" up. The panini was excellent! My friend had the "best chocolate cookie ever", but I can't eat chocolate:( Breakfast was good too...belgian waffle with blueberry sauce and whipped cream for me and an egg souffle for my friend. We both had espressos and they were the best. ESPRESSO in CHICKEN!! Its a cool place and I will be back.

• Camping

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo

Chicken Creek Cafe: The Best Restaurant in Town

by Stephen-KarenConn Updated Aug 24, 2004

Chicken Creek Cafe

Actually this is the ONLY restaurant in town. The lunch I ate here was absolutely wonderful, and I loved the atmosphere. During my visit I was the only customer for the owner and sole employee who called himself "Gary the Cook." Gary told me he gets his fill of people during the busy summer season here in Chicken, so he spends the remaining eight months of the year alone in a cabin up near the Arctic Circle. When I asked how he entertained himself he said he did a lot of camping. He likes camping in winter because there aren't many bugs at 40 below zero. "But it's not as rough as you might think," he said, "because I'm well equipped and have a propane heater in my tent."

Favorite Dish: The cheeseburger was exceptionally good, thick and juicy with lettuce, tomato and mayonaise (hold the onion) on a butter toasted bun. The potato salad wasn't bad either. The meal filled me up to where I honestly didn't have room for the homemade pie: apple, blueberry or cherry. The pie looked delicious and if I'm ever back in Chicken I'll definitely save room for a slice.

Instant Answers: Chicken

Comments

Chicken Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chicken restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chicken sightseeing.