Know about this?
Be prepared for varying weather
The weather in the Denali Park itself, especially as you go deeper into its realm and higher into its altitudes, is very much in flux. It may seem like a pretty nice day as you board your park bus, and in a few hours, you could find yourself in a snow storm.
We did. When we left the Denali Dome Home in Healy (maybe 10 miles away), it was crisp and sunny. By the time we got into one of the in-park ranger stations, it was snowing. Now, being Floridians, we were thrilled with the snow, but we'd been smart and had brought our jackets and warm clothing. Something tells me that having just a sweater wouldn't have been as charming.
Be ready for weather changes. :)
Instant Answers: Denali National Park and Preserve
Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 60% on hotels.
- Hotwire.com Hotwire: Get a 4-star hotel for a 2-star price.
Denali National Park and Preserve Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Vickers Hot Springs Hotels
- Ko Samui
- Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Sungai Kolok Hotels
- Charleston Lake Hotels
- Uganda Warnings and Dangers
- Oakland Warnings and Dangers
- Albuquerque Warnings and Dangers
- Corpus Christi Warnings and Dangers
- Georgia Warnings and Dangers
- Mazatlán Warnings and Dangers
- Muscat Warnings and Dangers
- Pretoria Warnings and Dangers
- Naples Warnings and Dangers
- Jewelery & Gem Scams
- Okinawa Warnings and Dangers