Dillingham Sports & Outdoors

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Going "Up River" For Sports Fishing

by mcpangie Written Jan 20, 2004

Grayling

From Dillingham the journey inland on the Nushagak River takes you to many small villages that the average tourist doesn't get to. I don't have that many pictures of the actual villages of Ekwok, New Stuyahok, and Koliganek that I have gone to so I'm making this a trip from Dillingham - the town you'd get to from Anchorage.

Besides all the species of Alaskan wild salmon, there is a good chance you'd catch dolly varden, or grayling. There are lots of lodges along the Nushagak River, and smaller operators that are more affordable than some of the luxury $1000 a day lodges. Some friends of mine have a small fishing charter and or hunting guiding businesses out of Koliganek. If you're interested write me and I'll get you in touch with them.

• Fishing

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Fishing With Crystal Creek Lodge

by mcpangie Written Nov 28, 2003

Snake Lake

It isn't probably a very inexpensive place for people to stay. This won't be a budget travel tip! But they really take care of their guests. I've only been invited up there as a member of the Aruvak Dancers. They have a gift shop, a bar, a fancy cook. It's a lovely building, on a lovely lake. Budget travel to Snake Lake would be like us locals to... drive up there with our own boats.

Equipment: Their web page has a long list of things you should bring. My suggestion is TWO bottles of bug dope. There are tons and tons of bugs up that way.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Dillingham

Comments

Dillingham Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Dillingham sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dillingham sightseeing.