Healy Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Healy

More Northern Lights

by herzog63 Updated Nov 22, 2003

Northern Lights

Some of the Northern Lights will appear as huge sheets as the "drop down" from the heavens! It is so cool to see. One moment the sky will be black then the next moment the sky will be a wonderful shade of green.

More Nothern Lights

Northern Lights

It can be a special night to watch the sky dance! Especially for the first time viewer!! It can almost be scary. I love to watch them. I'm from Kodiak where we do have Northern Lights quite regularly but they are usually not very brilliant although they can be.
    They come in many shapes and and sizes....some cover the whole sky and others are just small shapes....others like like long swirling snakes going across the sky.

• Adventure Travel

Anywhere away from the town lights: Northern Lights

Northern Lights

To get the best views of Northern Lights depends greatly on luck! If the clouds come through you will not be able to see them. One night can produce a wonderful display and the next night might not produce anything. These Lights are caused by solar flares that come from sunspot activity. There are lot's of folklore on how they are produced but most of them are pretty farfetched!! I've got friends that believe most of the folklores so I don't even bother to discuss the Northern Lights with them...we all agree that they are beautiful and I guess that is what matters most!! I know there are much more spectacular photos out there but this is the best that I've been able to take so far.

Dress Code: Dress Warm!! Hat,Gloves and a warm Jacket.

Mile 251.2 Parks Highway: Find a good overlook for the Northern LIghts

by herzog63 Written Nov 19, 2003

Northern Lights

At mile 251.2 of the Parks Highway there is paved turnout and thats where I spent most of my night sitting beside the road watching the Northern Lights. I was hoping for the colors to be brilliant red, blue or some other rare colors but all I could see was the brilliant greens! I'm not really complaining but 2 nights earlier the folks in Healy were treated to the spectacular display that I wanted ......Oh well!!
    The turnout is only about 2 miles from the Motel Nord Haven where we stayed and gives you nice views to the North. Sadly my wife and son were more interested in sleeping!! hahah I ended up going to bed about 5:30 am and got up at 8 am. My wife and son were well rested but I was happy to have been out watching the Northern Lights all night!!
    The Northern Lights are always changing throughout the night so if you don't like what you see at that moment just wait a while and the formations will be different...or I should say they "might" be different.

Dress Code: Dress warm in the late fall and winter because it can be cold!!!

• Adventure Travel

Different shapes of Northern Lights

Northern Lights

Here you can see what I mean by different shapes of the Northern Lights. The photo isn't that great but you can see the bind band of green above with the smaller wave below it.

• Eco-Tourism

Instant Answers: Healy

Comments

Healy Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Healy nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Healy sightseeing.