Refuge Island Off The Beaten Path

Free Range Buffalo

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Refuge Island

Pasagshak Bay........

by herzog63 Written Oct 7, 2004

The silvery, sparkly Pasagshak Bay. I love these scenes that just pop up here in Kodiak. You gotta have your camera ready at all times if you want to capture these moments. Sometimes they are only there for moments as the weather is always changing!!

Pasagshak Bay
    • Photography

Home on the Range!!

by herzog63 Written Oct 7, 2004

Just like in the Wild West we have a great herd of Buffalo owned by a local rancher but they have a free range. Sometimes they are difficult to find and other times they are very near the road. I love to watch them!!

Free Range Buffalo
    • Photography

Odd Photo

by herzog63 Written Oct 7, 2004

Here's a photo that I didn't like when I first took it but then I got to looking at it and then it did something for me....for most of you it will be a big "Yawwwn" hahaha If you have time please enlarge the photo and give it a peek.

Hmmmm
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking

by herzog63 Updated Oct 7, 2004

This tip is made for the Greatest Fruit Lover on VT Bigbenda. Check out his Fruity pages Bigbenda . These Golden Salmon berries seem to be a bit sweeter than the normal Red Salmonberries and the Russian type is quite a bit rarer too. Come to Kodiak in August to sample it for yourself!! This shot has the hazy look to it because I had my camera in my backpack with a wet towel and when I stumbled across the berries I took the shot and discovered that I liked the effect when I loaded the photo to my computer.

• Hiking and Walking
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Refuge Island

Comments

Refuge Island Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Refuge Island off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Refuge Island sightseeing.

View all Refuge Island hotels