Seward Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Seward

• shavy's Profile Photo

Alaska Shop: A good place to hunt for souvenir

by shavy Written May 17, 2015

While wandering around the center of Seward we came accross to this shop. We were looking for some gift shop, there are few shops near our hotel but we did not found what we are looking for and also those gift shops at the harbour are small and not much of a choice. The old town center of Seward is about a kilometer away from the harbour. So I thought we might find our gifts here

Alaska shop is one of the biggest gift shop we've found in Seward. The shop has it all as what visitors need, from small to bigger gift. Price is cheaper than those shops in harbor area. We always brought a souvenir for family when traveling, not necessary big nor expensive just a remembrance to a place where we been. And also myself collecting a picture frame in each country/place I've visited. I have dozen of frames already

Is hard to find a gift for family and certainly not too big because we still have a long way from home. I stroll around the shop and looking to all display inside I can't choose anything there are so many of them. I saw there was a bunch of tourist inside also looking for souvenir I follow them and keep an eye what they find for gift. They are all standing on the figurines rack, so I thought maybe I'll take the figurine. There were choices of bear and moose, I have three people waited for gift when I come home, so I bought each of them

So many choices and looking to all stuff inside Is so hard to choose one. So after following other tourist inside without any doubts I bought a souvenir same as the others. The shop sell juwelry as well. The lady inside was very friendly, she understand we still have to travel so far. She put my purchase in a box for sure it won't broke during our journey.

What to buy: I can't say what special items to buy in Seward, I found Totem Pole in the shop but I don't think is an item from Seward. I bought figurines from bear and moose. I bought this item from Seward as Alaskan souvenir

What to pay: Expect to pay from 3$ and up

• Fishing
    • Sailing and Boating
    • Hiking and Walking

• FatesWarn's Profile Photo

Frontier Trading Post: Healthy Snacks for Your Tour Days

by FatesWarn Written Aug 2, 2014

I stopped in this awesome health food store because I had a craving for ginger candy for some reason and they had a great selection to choose from. I picked a couple packages of individually wrapped Gin-Gins and they were really nice to have (and share) on the boat tours we took while in Seward. I don't get sea-sick, but when I don't eat right (i.e. every day on vacation...), my stomach can get a little wonky - these were a huge help!

What to buy: Ginger candy and other healthy snacks.

What to pay: Gin-Gins are $2.95/3oz They also have Spicy Apple Gin-Gins for $3.95/3oz, but I didn't like them nearly as much as the original.

• Cruise
    • Adventure Travel
    • Kayaking

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Breeze T's: Shopping at Seward

by jumpingnorman Updated May 8, 2009

There are several little stores to shop at in Seward, but my sister and I really enjopyed going through the discounted prices at the small souvenir shop and gift store beside Breeze Inn.

I got shirts on Alaska for just $3! Wow, can't beat that. They also have several items for kids but they were not on-sale. The cashier however was on her first day on the job and so it took a little while to process our credit cards.

The store is conveniently located for those staying at the Breeze Inn and visitors to Seward won't miss it because it is just right beside the docks...it does look like two stores but the two shopping areas are connected.

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo

Couple of Shops, Lodging and a Restaurant: The Train Wreck Mini-Mall

by AlbuqRay Updated Jan 1, 2008

The Train Wreck Mini-Mall is made of four World War II railroad troop cars. It used to be called the Harbor Train Station. The Train Wreck is located near the Alaska Railroad station and the Holiday Inn Express. It is also pretty close to the cruise ship dock. Businesses include the Smoke Shack (BBQ, vegetarian, homemade pies), Alyeska Mountain Bike Sports (sales, rentals and repairs), Whistle Stop Lodging (907-224-5050), Exit Glacier Guides (guides, ice hikes, glacier shuttle), and QuarterDeck Charters (day luggage storage and fishing charters).

Train Wreck Mall and Holiday Inn Express Entrance Lodging Exit Glacier Guides (on the right)

Instant Answers: Seward

Comments

Seward Shopping

Reviews and photos of Seward shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Seward sightseeing.