Talkeetna Nightlife

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Fairview Inn: On The Big Weekends It's An Anchorage Bar

by mcpangie Updated Jan 22, 2004

January 1998

I lived in Talkeetna when I was too young to visit the inside of this establishment. But I knew that the outside of the building is prime nesting spot for hundreds of swallows each spring. Don't park your car under this building in the summertime.

As an adult I've spent a few evenings in the Fairview and had great fun dancing and partying until the wee hours with friends. In May 2002 the Fairview kept rocking until the next morning. This is what I meant my tourist trap, it wasn't locals, it was a suburb of Anchorage that night! I was feeling sorrier for the locals than myself when I couldn't sleep. The whole town must have been awake all night it was so loud.

Dress Code: Come as you are.

• Beer Tasting

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

The Sand Bar: Talkeetna Sand Bar Hopping

by mcpangie Written Jan 22, 2004

Sand Bar Hopper

This is the kind of nighttime activity I could participate when I was a child. Here is my niece hopping across a small stream between sandbars. As you can see, Talkeetna provides a good spot to watch the sun set behind Denali.

Dress Code: Rubber Boots are not required, but considered good advice!

• spintobecca's Profile Photo

Fairview Inn: Biggest Game in town

by spintobecca Written Nov 21, 2009

Okay, maybe nightclub is a bit fancy for this joint.. but it does have drinking and dancing! The Fairview Inn was built in 1923, and still retains a few rooms upstairs... the downstairs features a small but sincere dance floor and a beer garden out back with another small bar on busy nights. The music is usually live, and on Sundays you can rely on a nice evening of jazz. This is the traditional bar for climbers who have returned from climbing Denali.

Dress Code: Dress code is...clothes... and a smile. Women wearing makeup and brushed hair will get extra attention from the men.

• Adventure Travel
    • Music

Instant Answers: Talkeetna

Comments

Talkeetna Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Talkeetna nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Talkeetna sightseeing.