Talkeetna Shopping

• her mask from last year at Alaska State Fair
    her mask from last year at Alaska State...
    Stuff in the Store
    This is 2001 Alaska State Fair

Best Rated Shopping in Talkeetna

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Talkeetna Arts & Crafts: A Little Off-Center in the Out-of-the-Way

by mrclay2000 Written Sep 30, 2003

Village Arts & Crafts, Talkeetna

Somewhat of an eclectic assortment marks the inventory of Talkeetna's Arts & Crafts store near the celebrated Talkeetna Roadhouse. Filled with books and cards, local topo maps and other Alaskan trinkets and jewelry, this is a souvenir sharper's paradise.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo

Nagley's Store: Interior Produce and Expedition Supplies

by mrclay2000 Written Sep 29, 2003

Nagley's Store

Nagley's prides itself on carrying most of the items you would need for an Alaskan tour, including food and drink and camping supplies. Its exterior looks like the typical Alaskan tourism mecca, but its holdings are certainly relevant and practical.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Nagley's General Store: The Historic B&K

by mcpangie Updated Jan 22, 2004

Nagley's Store - January 1998

Nagley's Store used to be called The B&K when I lived in Talkeetna. I remember begging my mom for a penny when a penny could actually buy something. Gum. Or for a few cents more I could buy a "Big Buddy" and fill my mouth up with gum. Oh, and I remember Gemini, the house cat that lived at the B&K. You should go check out their website.

What to buy: Postcards

What to pay: Prices are generally more expensive than in Anchorage for everything. We used to drive to Anchorage a couple times a month. But, this store always have the necessities.

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

Nagley's General Store: If We Don't Have It, You Don't Need It

by mcpangie Updated Jan 22, 2004

Old-Fashioned Shopping

These days the store is still much like it used to be when I lived in Talkeeta. The store has a little of anything you could possibly need. The design hasn't changed, so there are still places that pennies can hide so make sure to get down on your hands and knees and look for spare change!

What to buy: Postcards.

• Alaska Things & Dreams Gifts: Real Made in Alaska Gifts no import junk

by medicmanak Written Sep 15, 2011

her mask from last year at Alaska State Fair

Well after going in All the town with all the China stuff, I'm like I came 4,000 miles for this. I can get this junk on the Ship. Then the driver told me of a little shop just out of town, Her name is Maris she make Dolls & all king of things from Alaska made with things FROM Alaska, Fur Moose Beaver, you name it & She will make you what you want RIGHT there.

There is NOTHING in her store that has the price TAG put over the made in CHINA sticker.
    I asked her about some things I got & why she had ALL the permits on the wall. Sh said that for everything I make & use the made in Alaska sticker on I have to show the State that I really make that item here in Alaska. Wow she has won a lot of prizes from the Alaska State Fair like 3 years in a row. She got the Premium which is the Best of the Best, At the fair I saw one from 2010 & She said that she just got one from 2011

Hers is her Face book Page lot's of real Made in Alaska Gifts Ck it out

What to buy: Try & talk her out of the Doll from the Alaska State Fair from 2010 bet Ya can't

What to pay: A LOT less then other places for the REAL thing Like she says if they all look the same then they are copy's

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Open Air Market: Splendid Soapstone Fisherman

by vichatherly Updated Jun 15, 2007

Soapstone Dancer

We went along to the local Open Air Market in Talkeetna. It had some great local arts and crafts made by local people.

What to buy: I bought a beautiful carved figure made out of soapstone from a local artist. He was a young lad who had learnt his trade from his father. He told us that he liked to travel around Europe during the harsh Alaskan winter especially Romania as he had a fondness for Dracula.

I think I paid around $78 for the carving which now sits on the mantle piece at home. He said that he does also sell to wholesalers and also at the Saturday/Sunday market in Anchorage but then the prices have to go up substantially.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Nagley's General Store: A One Stop Shop

by vichatherly Updated Jun 19, 2007

Nagley's General Store

This is a one stop shop with all of your needs catered for. We simply took a look around and were amazed at the stock it had.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Talkeetna

Comments

Talkeetna Shopping

Reviews and photos of Talkeetna shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Talkeetna sightseeing.