Tok Travel Guide

• Young's Motel

Mile 1313.3 Alaska Highway, P.O. Box 482, Tok, Alaska, 99780, United States

Good for: Solo

• Westmark Tok

The rooms were a little too cold, but considering it was about 25 below zero (Fahrenheit) and it is...

• Tok Lodge Motel

Good for: Solo

Tok Restaurants

• artistchic84's Profile Photo

by artistchic84 Written Sep 10, 2007

My husband and I were leaving Anchorage/Elmendorf AFB and driving to Haines (mar 05) to catch the ferry, and don't get me wrong Alaska is beautiful. But in March it's still a frozen tundra, and everything looks the same, and when we were traveling towards Tok, I thought that was silly going north when we needed to go south....it's just how the highway system is....anywho I'm glad that we had to drive and stop in Tok. I was a little amused when I saw out motel and the one stop light town. I was also thankful for the restaurant being open considering that time of year a lot of places are closed. I was truly blown away by the decorative alaskan atmosphere that this roadside stop held. This place had more character than your local Friday's. And the food was outrageous. Our waitress was so, so nice. I was even upset I couldnt get the food to go....since we were traveling...it was so much food, for such a great price. Jeff especially loved their great salad bar. If you drive through 2 minute town and don't stop and eat here, you're really missing out!

Favorite Dish: I wish I could remember what I had to eat, maybe Chicken Teriyaki...I don't know, but I remember it was great.

• RitchiS1's Profile Photo

by RitchiS1 Written Jun 22, 2005

BREAKFAST AT FAST EDDY´S LL BE VERY GOOD

Favorite Dish: THE RESTAURANT IS VERY POPULAR AND EVERY TIME FULL OF TOURISTS AND CITIZIEN

FAST EDDY��S RESTAURANT
    • Beer Tasting

• mcpangie's Profile Photo

by mcpangie Written Dec 25, 2003

A good selection for what seemed to be decent prices. I was pleased that they had a thermometer outside because I couldn't quite tell just how cold it was, even though I knew it was cold. Taking a look at the thermometer reminded me to plug in my truck for the night!

Favorite Dish: I had prime rib and it was more than I could eat and good. Good fries. Clean restaurant. Allowed smoking in a smoking section.

Tok Nightlife

• spintobecca's Profile Photo

by spintobecca Written Jun 24, 2003

You're kidding right? Okay: picture this: you just pulled into Tok after a looooooooooooooooooooong day on the road, you are tired, exhausted, dirty from the road and just want some empty shallow entertainment. Well I hope your brought a television buddy because you ARE the entertainment.

• by Sidners Written Oct 4, 2002

Tok Lodge, Tundra Lodge, WestMark and Husky Lounge
    Tok Lodge... where all the locals hang out!
    Tundra Lodge... where all the locals go for quietness.
    Westmark...the hotel, where they serve the biggest Margarita's!
    Husky Lounge...another local spot!

Dress Code: all places are jeans and sweatshirts.. please don't wear a tie in Tok...you'll look out of place and funny!

• Tok Hotels

4 Hotels in Tok

Tok Shopping

• wilsonjw's Profile Photo

by wilsonjw Written Dec 15, 2002

Well, it's one of only a few places in Tok where you can buy souvenirs. Stop by and get something for the folks you left at home.

What to pay: Prices are pretty reasonable, considering the distance that goods must be trucked to get here.

Check out the lawnmower on the roof.

Tok Tourist Traps

• wilsonjw's Profile Photo

by wilsonjw Written Dec 15, 2002

It's the only big theme park for miles around...one must go to Fairbanks' AlaskaLand to come close.

Unique Suggestions: Get your picture taken out front, doing something silly like holding up the mukluk....

Lorraine supporting Mukluk Land

Tok What to Pack

• by JRusyniak Written Oct 4, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: good footware if you want to get out and do any hiking or walking. It's all natural terrain.

Miscellaneous: Bug spray. We found that Skin so Soft works really well. The locals don't seem to be bothered by the pesky critters.

Tok Off The Beaten Path

• by JRusyniak Written Oct 4, 2002

If you are tired of riding in the car for miles and miles there is a little know bike shop that can set you up with a bike for the 20+ miles of bike paths in Tok or can actually take you on a off road trip to one of the many remote areas.

Call 907-883-4219

Instant Answers: Tok

Comments

Map of Tok