Uganik Island Off The Beaten Path

Coming out of the Shelikoff Strait

Most Recent Off The Beaten Path in Uganik Island

My Cousin Showed up!!

Rick and Cousin Barry

Oddly and happily the guy that ran the next fishing site that was about 2 miles from us needed a guy and ended up hiring my cousin Barry! I was surprised one day to see cousin Barry coming up the bay in a skiff!! We had some great times during the closures! He is in the bow of the skiff.

• Adventure Travel

Shelikof Strait

Coming out of the Shelikoff Strait

Once you leave the confines of Uganik Bay you enter the Shelikof strait. Here the weather conditions and the sea are very different than in the protected bay. At this time of year you can encounter seas up to 40 feet!! You don't want to stuck out in that in a skiff! It WILL be your last boat ride.

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

East Arm of Uganik Bay

East Arm

If you're lucky to be out in Uganik with access to a skiff there are lot's of great views to be had. This is on one of our rides into the East Arm of Uganik Bay. Helmet Mountain at 3800 feet is one of the tallest in Kodiak and is off to the left. This area is also a great area for spotting the Kodiak Brown Bear but oddly enough the 2 months that I spent in Uganik I never actually saw a Bear!!

• Eco-Tourism

Uganik Island from East Point

Uganik Island

My fish site was actually across the Uganik Passage at East Point and I could see Uganik Island. Vt does'nt have a destination for the Bay so I've built this page under the Uganik Island heading. But I did have some friends that had fish sites on Uganik Island that we would visit during a 2-3 fishing closure.
    This whole area is actually off the Beaten Path! The only people that would come here are commercial fisherman and a few Deer or Bear hunters.

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Uganik Island

Comments

Uganik Island Off The Beaten Path

Reviews and photos of Uganik Island off the beaten path posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Uganik Island sightseeing.

View all Uganik Island hotels