Bisbee Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Bisbee

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Parking

by Basaic Written Oct 1, 2007

Favorite thing: Parking is at a premium in Bisbee. As you drive toward the old part of town you will see a large parking area on the left. It will cost you $5 to park there. There is also a small parkimg area to the left which is free.

Fondest memory: Walking through Old Bisbee, looking at the buildings and watching the people.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

My Mexican dream itinerary!

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 10, 2007

MY MEXICAN DREAM ITINERARY

Favorite thing: Do not laugh at me, please. My foundest memory from Bisbee is a bit unique and refers to Mexico. Well, I had already been in Mexico two days before Bisbee. But Tijuana was not at all authentic Mexican city. That's why I wanted to visit Mexico again during my US trip.

Well, maybe that was creative mountain fresh air that livened up my mind in Bisbee Coffee Company, maybe delicious Copper Queen caffee. Shortly, as soon as I checked the maps I started to plan visit to real Mexico. My plan was to stay that day in Bisbee and early in the next morning cross Mexican border in nearby Naco and drive through Mexican Sonora and Chihuahua province to Ciudad Juarez and El Paso that's 289,8 miles (466,4 km) in total. The alternative way via New Mexico is only four miles shorter but I'd add 40-mile drive south from Janos to Casas Grandes to see UNESCO World Heritage Site: Archaeological Zone of Paquimé (enlarge my picture). Don't you like that idea? Well, it would be for sure nature (high Chihuahuan Desert and mountains) oriented trip with no towns and cities on the way (just small villages) except border town at the end - Ciudad Juarez. Well, I disliked most border towns I visited.

Fondest memory: We were very excited about the idea but I had to worry a bit about quality of secondary roads in Mexico on high desert, empty areas, about personal safety while driving etc. Well, I didn't know Mexico. As for personal safety I thought that it had to work good in untouristy areas I wanted to pass through. As for roads.. I would see at place, no choice. As for my US visa, I had multi-entry visa valid for 10 years, so it was no problem to come back to the USA. Well, I had to think about money exchange probably in a bank in Mexican Naco. I had no idea how much to change and whether cards are accepted on little towns of Mexican desert. I also didn't know how much gas was in Mexico.

So, my idea was to find hotel with internet to check things. But, at that moment I started to think about my rented car insurance (for sure not valid in Mexico) and I realized that... I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE THIS CAR TO MEXICO. Well, when I was looking for rental deal (with great help of Linda's = lmkluque's son) I wanted car which could be entitled to drive on Canadian and if possible Mexican roads. The answer was yes for Canada but NO for Mexico! So, my Mexican dream was ruined at that moment. What a great itinerary and adventure I had to skip! Well, maybe someday...

• Eco-Tourism

• TinKan's Profile Photo

A step back in time

by TinKan Written Dec 6, 2004

Bisbee Museum

Favorite thing: This building was the general office for the Bisbee operations of the Phelps Dodge Corporation from 1895 to 1961.

In 1971 it was given to the city of Bisbee by Phelps Dodge and was designated as a national park service.

The building has been converted to a civic center and mining and historical museum by the Bisbee council on the arts and humanities.

• Museum Visits

• bottleofdoom's Profile Photo

Shady Dell Trailer Park

by bottleofdoom Updated Sep 3, 2003

The Crown

Favorite thing: Staying at The Shady Dell is a trip back in time. We stayed in every trailer over the course of 3 years & each one has it's own unique experience. Our last one was The Royal Mansion & it was fabulous! It's the largest one they have & great for having parties. The Homemade is the smallest & has a really comfortable bed. Very cozy, don't be intimidated by it's size.

Fondest memory: Staying in this vingtage trailer

Instant Answers: Bisbee

Comments

Bisbee Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bisbee favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bisbee sightseeing.