Bisbee Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Bisbee

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

I skipped mine underground tour :-(

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 4, 2007

I always feel very uncomfortable when I get to know that I skipped something very unique or interesting on my way especially when I travel very far from my home. Due to lack of both time and information it happened to me in Bisbee.

First of all I skipped main attraction of Bisbee: Queen Mine Underground Tour ($12 + tax; 1 hour 15 min.; warm clothes necessary, it's 47F = 4 C underground).

The other attractions I skipped, closed museums, galleries and shops were of minor importance for me, caused by my mistaken late arrival. But to be in Bisbee and not to join underground mine tour is like to be in Washongton, DC and not to see the Capitol.

Unique Suggestions: There are many mines with underground tours all over world... if it helps.

Fun Alternatives: As reservantion in advance is suggested, call ( toll-free) 1-866-432-2071 and book your Queen Mine Underground Tour in advance. Good luck! Or at place come to Queen Mine Tour Building located immediately south of Old Bisbeeā€™s business district, off the U.S. 80 interchange. Map here. All tours depart from this place.

THE LAVENDER PIT, BISBEE THE LAVENDER PIT, BISBEE URSZULA (matcrazy0) AT LAVENDER PIT THE LAVENDER PIT, ENTRANCE TO TUNNEL, BISBEE THE LAVENDER PIT, BISBEE
    • Eco-Tourism

• bottleofdoom's Profile Photo

The Copper Queen Mine

by bottleofdoom Updated Dec 9, 2004

You can take a tour of The Copper Queen Copper MIne (no longer being mined), but
    I don't like to support raping the Earth. But some people find mining fascinating and there is some geology to be learned.

Unique Suggestions: There is a "scenic" pull-over to view the open-pit

Fun Alternatives: I would try hiking

Instant Answers: Bisbee

Comments

Bisbee Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Bisbee tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bisbee sightseeing.