Flagstaff Restaurants

• "Half and half." Seasoned fries and...
    by razorbacker
    Dessert menu. Let the good times roll!
    by razorbacker
  • Restaurants
    by Christophe01

Most Recent Restaurants in Flagstaff

• razorbacker's Profile Photo

The Dog Haus: Dog-gone Fun

by razorbacker Written Oct 8, 2013
    The Chicago Dog.

A little drive-thru chalet specializing in dogs, burgers, and sides.

With my schedule it's hard for me to get there when they're open. Tonight was the first time, so I tried several items.The Chicago Dog ... ahh, not so much. The dog was just a pup, and I doubt if a REAL dog in Chi-town would have those hotter-than-hell jalapenos on them. The onion rings were ok, but the batter was pretty bland. The chili cheeseburger was delish and only $1.99 after 16:00. The "jack and blu" cheese sticks were pretty tasty (once I put out the fire from the Chicago dog,) but it's supposed to come with a special sauce that they forgot. That might have made them more memorable ... I don't know!

One thing: pay cash, because if you use debit or credit there's a $0.75 extra charge.

Favorite Dish: The chili cheeseburger was quite tasty. The "jack and blu" was okay, but I think it was mozzarella instead of jack or bleu.

Subway: Really Unique~

by Yaqui Updated Oct 28, 2012

I would have to say this is a unique place to eat because its a well know food chain establishment located in another unique destination. As always their service was fast, friendly and the quality of food is always great. We had pizza's with your choice of veggies. Have you had a pizza at Subway? You should try it. With Veggies on it, is excellent! They do not have lots of tables, but there are most tables outside.

The Sweet Shoppe & Nut House: Adorable store and yummy treats~

by Yaqui Updated Sep 30, 2012

While taking a quick break from driving across country. We explore the dowtown area and my sister was not going to pass up this lovely little store. She bought some carmel covered apples with M & M's on it and some cookies. I had the cookies and she had the apple. I think that made her happy since she really didn't want to explore the Flagstaff. The treats were excellent!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

La Fonda: Excellent Food!

by Yaqui Written Sep 30, 2012

We had orinially went to another Mexican restaurant and it was so crowded and didn't want to wait 30 minutes. So using our GPS Tom-Tom, this place was suggested, so we headed here. It is off the path a little, but easy to find. We entered the restaurant and it was hopping. Put our names on the list, but only took maybe 15 minute wait. We had $2.00 margarits and they were good. Once seated, I ordered the enchilada, taco, and tamale dinner and my hubby had the chicken chimichanga dinner. The decor is old, but clean. Yet, the food was excellent and we will return if ever in the area again for sure. The price was great and you get the your monies worth.

About the only bad, was the waiter took our order, someone else brought our food and he never checked on us other than bring our bill. So maybe he needs to work on that.

Cafe Pickles: Great location~

by Yaqui Written Sep 30, 2012

Not a bad place, but it was not great either. We ordered breakfast and it was barely warm. The waiter and waitress must have been in training because you could tell they were having trouble multi-tasking. The owner was present and was trying to remind them to check on their orders and customers. I had the two egg omelet and my hubby had a breakfast burrito. They were not bad, but would had been better if they were warmer. The price was great though. The table was not bad either and we sat by the window. The restaurant is very small with only two little rooms, so don't expect a lot. They do have an electronic charge area of 5 minutes only, thought that was unique.

Downtown Diner: OK Food & Great Service~

by Yaqui Updated Sep 30, 2012

Not a great place to eat. We were really unsatified with the food at this place. I had order chicken fried steak and it was so hard I could probably use it as a brick. About the only saving grace of this establishment was the lovely little red head of a waitress. She is a doll and was working her butt off to keep everyone happy, served, and the place clean. When she kept asking if we like the food I finally gave in and told her I was not. She immediately wanted me to order something else in its place. So I did and had the open turkey sandwich. It was ok. The food was barely ok. If your not looking for anything fancy, then this place will do. It was clean and I really enjoyed the huge historic photo's on the walls. Very unique.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Charly's Pub & Grill: Great Food!!

by Yaqui Updated Sep 30, 2012

My boys were really hungry and as we walked down the street, we saw others in the dinning room. I am at times apprehensive in entering some businesses because of there pub like atmosphere. We felt right at home in Charlys Grill and found that their food was really good. My boys pretty much cleared their plates, which obviously told me they loved the food, as did my husband and I. I think we will stop by here again.

Breakfast: 8–11 am
    Lunch: 11 am – 5 pm
    Dinner: 5 – 10 pm

• Maria250's Profile Photo

Coco's Bakery Restaurant: Quiche American style

by Maria250 Updated Aug 2, 2011

Coco's Bakery Restaurant

We had very tasty and fresh salad with ranch dressing, and one big portion of Quiche that also was made very rich with many, many eggs. Coco's Bakery Restaurant is a very nice place, service is very nice too. Very inviting and friendly for families.

• Maria250's Profile Photo

Granny's Closet: Marvelous menu

by Maria250 Updated Aug 2, 2011

Granny's Closet

We've had Chef Salad and lamb and some Corona beer. Great meal. Restaurant provids not only with fantastic food but fantastic service too, extra ordinary, kind and attentive waiters. A place with an awesome atmosphere that reawakes one's appetite for sure.

• uaamom's Profile Photo

Charley's: Live Music

by uaamom Updated Apr 4, 2011

A charming place to be in the evening frequently with good local music starting back in the days of Flying South. In the Weatherford Hotel, which is where Zane Grey would stay and write westerns, if he wasn't down the block at the Monte Vista or back home in Lackawaxen, Pennsylvania being a dentist. The history and ghosts are thick but also friendly. Sam & Henry continue to work hard and make it a great place.

Favorite Dish: They used to have wonderful fat quiche and rich,delicious chocolate cheesecake but I think the menu has changed.

• Study Abroad
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Singles

• Sakura's: Do you love sushi and tepanyaki??

by mboshart Updated Apr 4, 2011

Sakura's offers the best of both worlds: cooked and uncooked! My husband isn't a sushi lover -- but he LOVES the tepanyaki and the fun of sitting at a Tepan table watching the chef create a masterpiece. I love sushi and the edamame (soy beans). At Sakura, we find what we both love in an atmosphere thats fun, but the dim lights and decor make it romantic at the same time. So if you love Sushi and/or Tepanyaki, Sakura's is the place in Flagstaff to go!

Favorite Dish: I love it all -- but the steak and chicken combo tepanyaki is a great dish, especially when created with the fried rice -- it's amazing watching the chefs cook it up for you right there at the table! But I do love sushi, and their spicey tuna rolls and softshell crab are two of my all time favorites!

• School Holidays

• uaamom's Profile Photo

The Lumberyard (Brewery): Women's Beer Tasting

by uaamom Written Feb 18, 2011

Yes, Women's Tastings first Wednesday of the month, in their very friendly tasting room in the brewery itself.
    The food is good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is casual and local.
    Located just across the tracks from the Amtrak station right downtown, on San Fransisco Str.

Favorite Dish: I like the sandwiches and the Apricot beer.

• Trains
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beer Tasting

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Crown Railroad Cafe: Good Food at Low Prices

by Basaic Written Nov 24, 2010

Crown Railroad Cafe

I consistantly have bad luck with motels in Flagstaff, none of the 4 I have stayed in were worth returning to. Restaurants in Flagstaff are the exact opposite. I have had good luck with those. The Crown Railroad Cafe is located next to the Howard Johnson's (try another motel). The decor is nostalgic or full of kitsch depending on your point of view (I liked it fine). There is a model train to amuse the kids. They have great omelets that you design yourself, and the prices are very low. Service was a bit slow but not that bad, and they were friendly enough. All in all a good experience.

Favorite Dish: Great omelets!

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Black Bart's: Musical steakhouse

by Paisleypaul Updated Feb 13, 2010

unassuming looking Black Bart's

Named after a highwayman, Black Bart was an Arizona outlaw who was eventually jailed, released, but seemed to disappear thereafter from history and his death is not recorded.

This was the best steaks we were served in the whole of our 18 day 4 state holiday in May 2008. The waiters and waitresses are all in their 20s but sing and play (piano) to old time songs like "Maggie (When you & I were young)" and "I Could Have Danced All Night"

Favorite Dish: Steak is the best dish of course with whatever you want as sides. Although I have marked it "most expensive" it is still value for money - it is a steak house not a burger bar!

Totally recommended

• Seniors

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Wendys: For breakfast

by Paisleypaul Written Feb 9, 2010

Wendys at 1601 South Milton Rd Flagstaff

The Wendys chain is light years ahead of the odious McDonalds and Burger King for breakfast. It was bought in 2008 by the owners of the Arbys chain.

Favorite Dish: We were here for breakfast only

IF you want to check the menu it's at http://wendys.com/food/Menu.jsp

• Singles

Instant Answers: Flagstaff

Comments

Flagstaff Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Flagstaff restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Flagstaff sightseeing.