Flagstaff Restaurants

• "Half and half." Seasoned fries and...
    by razorbacker
    Dessert menu. Let the good times roll!
    by razorbacker
  • Restaurants
    by Christophe01

Most Recent Restaurants in Flagstaff

Salsa Brava: Try the Mexican Food with Native American Flavor

by Basaic Updated Dec 18, 2009

Salsa Brava

Slasa Brava's decor tends towards red leather and wood. Lots of Corona signs and posters. They have a salsa bar where you can select your own salsa ranging from mild to suicidal. The waitstaff tended to be young and although not great they were okay. Open 10 AM to 9 PM Sunday through Thursday and 10 AM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday. The sign says $250 Margaritas, it better be great for that price.

Favorite Dish: I had the Navajo Taco (a slice of Navajo Frybread with all the normal taco fixings on top). The portions were large and it tasted great.

Oegano Pizza place: Pizza-Oegano Style

by BruceDunning Written Oct 20, 2009

Front of the restaurant

The small pizza -Lawrence with spinach, mushroom, garlic, -is average size and about 4slices for $13.50 on a 12 inch. The prices were on the steep side I thought. They also have chicken wings and some Italian dishes.

Favorite Dish: I liked the pizza crust and the toppings are fresh. They have regular pizza to choose from, but no individual slices.

Mike & Rhonda's: Diner for Locals

by BruceDunning Written Oct 20, 2009

Front of place on Rte 66

The food was good and servings plentiful. They have the usual diner type dinners, and all looked appealing. There are two locations; one on Bus 66 on the east side of the city about 5 miles out. Another is near Bus 66 on MIlton in midtown

Favorite Dish: The hamburger steak was tasty and a full 10-12 oz size with fries and salad. Good enough for me.

• Photography

Granny's Restaurant: Old Time Italian Granny

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 20, 2009

Menu of items to select

It was at best, okay. I had spaghetti and meatballs as a tradition try to sample Italian fare. It was loaded with pasta, and the sauce was good. The meatballs has little taste. The place has evolved into and quick in and out eatery for locals, mostly for Mexican families. The night I was there, they charged $10 -not me though if I promised to eat and get out quick- for the cage fighting on TC. Whole families come here, apparently and are glued to the TV to see the fight and blood.
    The spaghetti was $10, and steaks $15-20 range, with burgers at $7-8. They are open 11-1AM and it really is half sports bar with drinking rather than eating clientele.

Favorite Dish: Since meatballs was was I ate, this is it. They had all the standard Italian items to choose from, but also featured a lot of burgers, and steaks, and chops and whatever else you may desire.

• Photography

• samprice11's Profile Photo

Galaxy Diner: 50's style burger joint at its best!

by samprice11 Written Jun 26, 2009

Every time I travel to flagstaff I make a point of going here during my stay. The burgers are superb as are the milkshakes. It's laid out as a 50's dinner and has a nice vibe and great service. Friday nights they have a hot rod "drive in" which is great to add to the atmosphere of the place.

Favorite Dish: Any of the burgers, all of the ones I've tried have been great.
    Orange milkshake is also highly recommened!

Kathy's Cafe: Healthy Food in a Friendly Atmosphere

by Basaic Updated Oct 25, 2008

Bonnie, a cute Waitress

Kathy's Cafe is located at 7 N San Francisco Street, in the old section of Flagstaff. They serve a large menu of healthy foods, with huge portions! They specialize in Omelets, sandwiches, and salads. Kathy's is open from 6 AM to 3 PM daily. The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home. The atmosphere is simple; but pleasant. It is located in the old section of Flagstaff so there is plenty to see as you walk off your meal.

Favorite Dish: I especially enjoyed their fruit and oatmeal and their freshly made bran muffins. Try their soups for lunch.

Wicked AZ: Coffee With Extras

by Basaic Written Oct 18, 2008

Wicked AZ

There was a little coffee kiosk in the same parking lot as the Americana Inn. It is called Wicked AZ. I am pretty sure it is supposed to provide "great cofffee with personal service". They also usually hire young attractive women who dress a little sexy. When I was leaving for dinner I spotted a very attractive Hispanic woman in a low cut blouse working there. I decided to go back after dinner. When I went back there was a much less attractive girl in a short dress. She was not very friendly; but the coffee was good. I may go back again and hope the Hispanic woman is there.

Favorite Dish: The girl offered a special on a triple latte carmel something or other and looked at me funny when I said "just a plain coffee". It was good coffee.

Galaxy Diner: 50s Style Diner on Route 66

by Basaic Written Oct 18, 2008

Galaxy Diner

The Galaxy Diner is a 50s style diner with decor showing lots of pictures of 50s/60s TV and movie stars. It is also located on the Historic Route 66. I almost expected Tod Stiles (Martin Milner) and Buzz Murdock (George Maharis) from the TV show to walk in any minute. The waitresses dressed in 50s/60s style too. The menu was varied with items like the Hot Mama Meatloaf Dinner and Aunt Bea's Fried Chicken. A TV next to my table was showing Paper Moon. The menu also included things like ice cream sundaes and even a "Black Cow" (a scoop of vanila ice cream in root beer). I absolutely loved it.

Favorite Dish: I had the Hot Mama Meatloaf Dinner. Portions were big and it was well prepared. Try it!

• SJTravel's Profile Photo

Crown Railroad Cafe: Great Service, Nice People

by SJTravel Written Aug 18, 2008

This place has your typical American Food/ Diner Food. Both my friend and I had burgers there, I had a mushroom burger and he had a bacon BBQ burger. We both loved them. The service was great and really friendly. My friend had ordered a pepsi and before he was even half way finished they asked him he wanted more and brought him a whole other glass. The waiter we had was great, we asked him some questions about the area and the people and he was great. It didn't feel like he was chatting with us because we were customers. There is a toy train that runs along the edge of the ceiling. There are 2 of these restaurants in Flagstaff. The other one is near the University, but this one is bigger and better. It doesn't look like much, but it is worth a visit if you are in the mood for American food.

Favorite Dish: I really liked the Mushroom Burger, everything was fresh. The mushrooms were very tasty. Definitely get it if you are in the mood.

• Ladygeminiaz's Profile Photo

Busters: Variety

by Ladygeminiaz Written Oct 25, 2007

This is a seafood place but they sell a variety of dishes. I ordered the chicken nachos and it will feel 4 people easily and I wasn't expecting that much. You get a nice size plate of food and the price is okay.

Favorite Dish: My brother had the filet mignon and my mom the seafood sampler and she loved how fresh the seafood was.

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Beaver Street Brewery: You won't leave hungry

by Roadquill Written Sep 18, 2007

Burgers, steaks, ribs, roasted chicken, salads, and some stuff one would not expect, such as mussels in a thai sauce, pizza chips and hummus, all doled out in large portions. All at reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: We enjoyed it all.

• Beer Tasting

• last_train's Profile Photo

Picazzo's Gourmet Pizza & Salads: Good Food but a Little Pricey

by last_train Written Sep 17, 2007

This is another gourmet pizza chain. The restaurant has a nice decor and a full bar. The motto is "Where Pizza is Art". They do have a number of very interesting pizzas, but you need to be willing to pay a few extra dollars for this "art". The experience is what you would expect from a mid-range pizza restaurant.

Favorite Dish: Try the Fresh Pear Gorgonzola salad. This unique combination of flavors is not something you can get everywhere and it is a treat.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

BUSTER'S: Great Steak in Flagstaff!

by VeronicaG Updated May 4, 2007

Buster's

When we travel and have no prior recommendations we ask the locals, like most people. Staff at the hotel referred us to BUSTER'S and it was a good tip!

The Embassy Suites Hotel was located along South Milton Avenue in Flagstaff, so Buster's was very convenient to where we were staying.

Our mouths were watering for a tender, juicy steak and we ordered the filet mignon with baked potatoes and sour cream, mushrooms, tossed salad with tomato vinegrette dressing, and steamed broccoli with carrots. Ummm, so delicious!

We shared our table with New Zealanders, Warrick and Penney who were touring Arizona and had booked into the same hotel. Jim met them in the lobby and began a conversation, which led to them joining us at Busters.

• Singles
    • Seniors

• azcanyondreamer's Profile Photo

Flagstaff Brewing Compnay: Best Burgers Around

by azcanyondreamer Written Apr 2, 2007

Can't beat a warm afternoon out on the patio, people watching with a glass of FBC brew. Since you are there you might as well have one of the best burgers in town. They don't joke around and I almost always go home with half a burger, for later. Busy place on nice days.

Favorite Dish: Can't beat the Black and Blue burger, fries (with gravy and cheese on top)!

• Beer Tasting

• atufft's Profile Photo

Cafe Espress: Good stop for lunch or latte

by atufft Updated Mar 20, 2007

Cafe Espress, Flagstaff

This place tries to emulate the hip natural foods coffee houses of the west coast more than anything, but it is also uniquely Flagstaff. The hardwood floors step down from the window tables to the coffee bar. Modern art and images from Grand Canyon with track lights on them adorn the dimly lit room. A bohemian like couple seemed to be discussing the latest efforts to improve the local museum, suggesting that the town had it share of artistic like folk. I ordered a tuna melt and a latte, while my wife ordered a larger sandwich to-go, along with a mug of hot chocolate to drink there. I tried to get a copy of the to-go menu, but they were fresh out of copies. Credit Card accepted. This is about all that we did in Flagstaff as we were just passing through, but it was quite adequate a little lunch and a cup of java for the road. So, to avoid the usual corporate junk food along the highway, take the time to get off I-40, and drive the business route into the old center of town to visit this place.

Favorite Dish: The list of coffee drinks was entirely adequate, and the food very good. The service was good, even if the to-go menu could not be readily found. There were several choices on the menu that I would go with.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Flagstaff

Comments

Flagstaff Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Flagstaff restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Flagstaff sightseeing.