Flagstaff Restaurants

• "Half and half." Seasoned fries and...
    by razorbacker
    Dessert menu. Let the good times roll!
    by razorbacker
  • Restaurants
    by Christophe01

Best Rated Restaurants in Flagstaff

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

Charly's Pub & Grill: Great Food!!

by Yaqui Updated Sep 30, 2012

My boys were really hungry and as we walked down the street, we saw others in the dinning room. I am at times apprehensive in entering some businesses because of there pub like atmosphere. We felt right at home in Charlys Grill and found that their food was really good. My boys pretty much cleared their plates, which obviously told me they loved the food, as did my husband and I. I think we will stop by here again.

Breakfast: 8–11 am
    Lunch: 11 am – 5 pm
    Dinner: 5 – 10 pm

Kathy's Cafe: Healthy Food in a Friendly Atmosphere

by Basaic Updated Oct 25, 2008

Bonnie, a cute Waitress

Kathy's Cafe is located at 7 N San Francisco Street, in the old section of Flagstaff. They serve a large menu of healthy foods, with huge portions! They specialize in Omelets, sandwiches, and salads. Kathy's is open from 6 AM to 3 PM daily. The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home. The atmosphere is simple; but pleasant. It is located in the old section of Flagstaff so there is plenty to see as you walk off your meal.

Favorite Dish: I especially enjoyed their fruit and oatmeal and their freshly made bran muffins. Try their soups for lunch.

Salsa Brava: Try the Mexican Food with Native American Flavor

by Basaic Updated Dec 18, 2009

Salsa Brava

Slasa Brava's decor tends towards red leather and wood. Lots of Corona signs and posters. They have a salsa bar where you can select your own salsa ranging from mild to suicidal. The waitstaff tended to be young and although not great they were okay. Open 10 AM to 9 PM Sunday through Thursday and 10 AM to 10 PM Friday and Saturday. The sign says $250 Margaritas, it better be great for that price.

Favorite Dish: I had the Navajo Taco (a slice of Navajo Frybread with all the normal taco fixings on top). The portions were large and it tasted great.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

BUSTER'S: Great Steak in Flagstaff!

by VeronicaG Updated May 4, 2007

Buster's

When we travel and have no prior recommendations we ask the locals, like most people. Staff at the hotel referred us to BUSTER'S and it was a good tip!

The Embassy Suites Hotel was located along South Milton Avenue in Flagstaff, so Buster's was very convenient to where we were staying.

Our mouths were watering for a tender, juicy steak and we ordered the filet mignon with baked potatoes and sour cream, mushrooms, tossed salad with tomato vinegrette dressing, and steamed broccoli with carrots. Ummm, so delicious!

We shared our table with New Zealanders, Warrick and Penney who were touring Arizona and had booked into the same hotel. Jim met them in the lobby and began a conversation, which led to them joining us at Busters.

• Singles
    • Seniors

Galaxy Diner: 50s Style Diner on Route 66

by Basaic Written Oct 18, 2008

Galaxy Diner

The Galaxy Diner is a 50s style diner with decor showing lots of pictures of 50s/60s TV and movie stars. It is also located on the Historic Route 66. I almost expected Tod Stiles (Martin Milner) and Buzz Murdock (George Maharis) from the TV show to walk in any minute. The waitresses dressed in 50s/60s style too. The menu was varied with items like the Hot Mama Meatloaf Dinner and Aunt Bea's Fried Chicken. A TV next to my table was showing Paper Moon. The menu also included things like ice cream sundaes and even a "Black Cow" (a scoop of vanila ice cream in root beer). I absolutely loved it.

Favorite Dish: I had the Hot Mama Meatloaf Dinner. Portions were big and it was well prepared. Try it!

Wicked AZ: Coffee With Extras

by Basaic Written Oct 18, 2008

Wicked AZ

There was a little coffee kiosk in the same parking lot as the Americana Inn. It is called Wicked AZ. I am pretty sure it is supposed to provide "great cofffee with personal service". They also usually hire young attractive women who dress a little sexy. When I was leaving for dinner I spotted a very attractive Hispanic woman in a low cut blouse working there. I decided to go back after dinner. When I went back there was a much less attractive girl in a short dress. She was not very friendly; but the coffee was good. I may go back again and hope the Hispanic woman is there.

Favorite Dish: The girl offered a special on a triple latte carmel something or other and looked at me funny when I said "just a plain coffee". It was good coffee.

Granny's Restaurant: Old Time Italian Granny

by BruceDunning Updated Oct 20, 2009

Menu of items to select

It was at best, okay. I had spaghetti and meatballs as a tradition try to sample Italian fare. It was loaded with pasta, and the sauce was good. The meatballs has little taste. The place has evolved into and quick in and out eatery for locals, mostly for Mexican families. The night I was there, they charged $10 -not me though if I promised to eat and get out quick- for the cage fighting on TC. Whole families come here, apparently and are glued to the TV to see the fight and blood.
    The spaghetti was $10, and steaks $15-20 range, with burgers at $7-8. They are open 11-1AM and it really is half sports bar with drinking rather than eating clientele.

Favorite Dish: Since meatballs was was I ate, this is it. They had all the standard Italian items to choose from, but also featured a lot of burgers, and steaks, and chops and whatever else you may desire.

• Photography

• atufft's Profile Photo

Cafe Espress: Good stop for lunch or latte

by atufft Updated Mar 20, 2007

Cafe Espress, Flagstaff

This place tries to emulate the hip natural foods coffee houses of the west coast more than anything, but it is also uniquely Flagstaff. The hardwood floors step down from the window tables to the coffee bar. Modern art and images from Grand Canyon with track lights on them adorn the dimly lit room. A bohemian like couple seemed to be discussing the latest efforts to improve the local museum, suggesting that the town had it share of artistic like folk. I ordered a tuna melt and a latte, while my wife ordered a larger sandwich to-go, along with a mug of hot chocolate to drink there. I tried to get a copy of the to-go menu, but they were fresh out of copies. Credit Card accepted. This is about all that we did in Flagstaff as we were just passing through, but it was quite adequate a little lunch and a cup of java for the road. So, to avoid the usual corporate junk food along the highway, take the time to get off I-40, and drive the business route into the old center of town to visit this place.

Favorite Dish: The list of coffee drinks was entirely adequate, and the food very good. The service was good, even if the to-go menu could not be readily found. There were several choices on the menu that I would go with.

• Study Abroad

Downtown Diner: OK Food & Great Service~

by Yaqui Updated Sep 30, 2012

Not a great place to eat. We were really unsatified with the food at this place. I had order chicken fried steak and it was so hard I could probably use it as a brick. About the only saving grace of this establishment was the lovely little red head of a waitress. She is a doll and was working her butt off to keep everyone happy, served, and the place clean. When she kept asking if we like the food I finally gave in and told her I was not. She immediately wanted me to order something else in its place. So I did and had the open turkey sandwich. It was ok. The food was barely ok. If your not looking for anything fancy, then this place will do. It was clean and I really enjoyed the huge historic photo's on the walls. Very unique.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo

La Fonda: Excellent Food!

by Yaqui Written Sep 30, 2012

We had orinially went to another Mexican restaurant and it was so crowded and didn't want to wait 30 minutes. So using our GPS Tom-Tom, this place was suggested, so we headed here. It is off the path a little, but easy to find. We entered the restaurant and it was hopping. Put our names on the list, but only took maybe 15 minute wait. We had $2.00 margarits and they were good. Once seated, I ordered the enchilada, taco, and tamale dinner and my hubby had the chicken chimichanga dinner. The decor is old, but clean. Yet, the food was excellent and we will return if ever in the area again for sure. The price was great and you get the your monies worth.

About the only bad, was the waiter took our order, someone else brought our food and he never checked on us other than bring our bill. So maybe he needs to work on that.

Mike & Rhonda's: Diner for Locals

by BruceDunning Written Oct 20, 2009

Front of place on Rte 66

The food was good and servings plentiful. They have the usual diner type dinners, and all looked appealing. There are two locations; one on Bus 66 on the east side of the city about 5 miles out. Another is near Bus 66 on MIlton in midtown

Favorite Dish: The hamburger steak was tasty and a full 10-12 oz size with fries and salad. Good enough for me.

• Photography

Oegano Pizza place: Pizza-Oegano Style

by BruceDunning Written Oct 20, 2009

Front of the restaurant

The small pizza -Lawrence with spinach, mushroom, garlic, -is average size and about 4slices for $13.50 on a 12 inch. The prices were on the steep side I thought. They also have chicken wings and some Italian dishes.

Favorite Dish: I liked the pizza crust and the toppings are fresh. They have regular pizza to choose from, but no individual slices.

Cafe Pickles: Great location~

by Yaqui Written Sep 30, 2012

Not a bad place, but it was not great either. We ordered breakfast and it was barely warm. The waiter and waitress must have been in training because you could tell they were having trouble multi-tasking. The owner was present and was trying to remind them to check on their orders and customers. I had the two egg omelet and my hubby had a breakfast burrito. They were not bad, but would had been better if they were warmer. The price was great though. The table was not bad either and we sat by the window. The restaurant is very small with only two little rooms, so don't expect a lot. They do have an electronic charge area of 5 minutes only, thought that was unique.

Subway: Really Unique~

by Yaqui Updated Oct 28, 2012

I would have to say this is a unique place to eat because its a well know food chain establishment located in another unique destination. As always their service was fast, friendly and the quality of food is always great. We had pizza's with your choice of veggies. Have you had a pizza at Subway? You should try it. With Veggies on it, is excellent! They do not have lots of tables, but there are most tables outside.

• FROGandFLY's Profile Photo

Macy's European Coffee House and Bakery: Great Vegan Coffee House

by FROGandFLY Written Nov 20, 2002

Macy's Sign

This has become a recent favorite of mine. If I ask if it's vegan, they don't ask if it is a religion or something. It's cute and tiny, and interesting people hang out there.

Favorite Dish: I love the lemonade. I know that sounds odd, because how can lemonade taste much different from the next lemonade? Just trust me, it is the best I've ever had.

Instant Answers: Flagstaff

Comments

Flagstaff Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Flagstaff restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Flagstaff sightseeing.